A level Art grade appeal.

Watch this thread
olivermalthouse
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey guys, I'm on the AQA 2022 Y13 exam board for A level Art and Design. My teacher just told me a few hours ago that I got predicted a 'B' (based on the boundaries last year). The grade boundaries for 2022 haven't actually been released yet. Now I'm waiting for the exam moderator from the exam board to assess my grade.

For the Art A level, I spent a lot of time researching and documenting my process, it's very meaningful, and I've referenced decent artists. I'm confident in my drawing skill too. Why didn't I get an A? Maybe it's because I didn't use a wide range of materials? Not enough large-scale paintings? Perhaps my final piece wasn't representative enough the techniques I've learnt?

Those are all viable explanations I guess. Still, I'm going to appeal for a higher grade. I think I deserve an A given all the time and effort I put in. My teacher told me repetitively that an A is rare and really hard to achieve... it's sounds like consolation rather than a genuine response to me.

At the very least, I deserve a clear explanation as to why I'm a B, especially since the specification is so incredibly vague on it's wording.

Is anyone else here unsatisfied on their grade?
artful_lounger
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
You can't appeal grades on the basis of academic judgement, only procedural grounds. So you can appeal because they didn't take into account one sketchbook you sent off but that wasn't considered, for example, but not because they considered it and you disagree with their judgement on it.
Scorched
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by olivermalthouse)
Hey guys, I'm on the AQA 2022 Y13 exam board for A level Art and Design. My teacher just told me a few hours ago that I got predicted a 'B' (based on the boundaries last year). The grade boundaries for 2022 haven't actually been released yet. Now I'm waiting for the exam moderator from the exam board to assess my grade.

For the Art A level, I spent a lot of time researching and documenting my process, it's very meaningful, and I've referenced decent artists. I'm confident in my drawing skill too. Why didn't I get an A? Maybe it's because I didn't use a wide range of materials? Not enough large-scale paintings? Perhaps my final piece wasn't representative enough the techniques I've learnt?

Those are all viable explanations I guess. Still, I'm going to appeal for a higher grade. I think I deserve an A given all the time and effort I put in. My teacher told me repetitively that an A is rare and really hard to achieve... it's sounds like consolation rather than a genuine response to me.

At the very least, I deserve a clear explanation as to why I'm a B, especially since the specification is so incredibly vague on it's wording.

Is anyone else here unsatisfied on their grade?
Have you had a look at the mark scheme or other sketchbooks graded A or B. Anyhow, be proud of the work and effort you have put in
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (52)
26.4%
As I expected (65)
32.99%
Harder (72)
36.55%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
4.06%

Watched Threads