The Student Room Group

LLM/ MA in law

Hey everyone.

My GCSE are fine but my A levels are really crap because of some mental health issues ( depression!) I had at that time. Well, Alevels were average but could get me admission to a LLB at a non-Russel group.

With therapy, I have been able to do my undergrad in law (LLB) and achieved a first class. Then, I went on & passed the bar with good grades & secured pupillage.

Given how the job market is competitive, I wanted to do a masters. I was wondering if I have any shot with Oxbridge. I am afraid that my Alevel are going to play against me even if I have work/volunteering experiences.
If ever, I did get into Oxbridge, I am worried, my application will not be competitive enough to get scholarships to fund my masters.

Grateful if anyone could advise me.

Many many thanks

PS: I am an international student.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by lawchoseme
Hey everyone.

My GCSE are fine but my A levels are really crap because of some mental health issues ( depression!) I had at that time. Well, Alevels were average but could get me admission to a LLB at a non-Russel group.

With therapy, I have been able to do my undergrad in law (LLB) and achieved a first class. Then, I went on & passed the bar with good grades & secured pupillage.

Given how the job market is competitive, I wanted to do a masters. I was wondering if I have any shot with Oxbridge. I am afraid that my Alevel are going to play against me even if I have work/volunteering experiences.
If ever, I did get into Oxbridge, I am worried, my application will not be competitive enough to get scholarships to fund my masters.

Grateful if anyone could advise me.

Many many thanks

PS: I am an international student.

Just apply and see what happens.
Reply 2
Original post by Gmaster1980
Just apply and see what happens.

Does oxbridge have a huge application fee?
Original post by lawchoseme
Does oxbridge have a huge application fee?

Do I look like their website?
Reply 4
Original post by Gmaster1980
Do I look like their website?

Hi thanks for replying. I looked at their website thank you.

But since I'm an international student, I'm told that sometimes the application fee can be different for overseas students, this is what I was asking.

And also, if its worth the time and money applying for a rejection.
Thanks for your input.

Quick Reply

Latest