Can I apply as a Migrant Worker if i have been working in the UK for 3 years?

Watch this thread
kurocat77
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Am I still eligible for Migrant Worker status if i have been working for 3 years before my academic year and I continue my employment during my studies?
Amy SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by kurocat77)
Am I still eligible for Migrant Worker status if i have been working for 3 years before my academic year and I continue my employment during my studies?
Hi there,

Yes, if you hold pre-settled status and will be working throughout your studies you can apply as a Migrant Worker.

Thanks, Amy
kurocat77
Rep:
(Original post by Amy SFE)
Hi there,

Yes, if you hold pre-settled status and will be working throughout your studies you can apply as a Migrant Worker.

Thanks, Amy
Am I still able to apply if I haven't worked and lived for 3 years in total?
kurocat77
Rep:
(Original post by Amy SFE)
Hi there,

Thanks, Amy
Would it be possible to apply as well before I would be living for 3 years in total?
SFE Erin N
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Would it be possible to apply as well before I would be living for 3 years in total?
Hi There,

That’s fine; you’ll still be able to apply as long as you’ve been resident in Gibraltar, the EEA or Switzerland for at least 3 years before the start of your course.

Thanks, Erin N
kurocat77
Rep:
(Original post by SFE Erin N)
Hi There,

That’s fine; you’ll still be able to apply as long as you’ve been resident in Gibraltar, the EEA or Switzerland for at least 3 years before the start of your course.

Thanks, Erin N
So it's fine If I have been living 2 years in the UK before my course? I left my EU country in 2020.
Angela SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi there,

To apply as a Migrant Worker you should meet the following eligibility criteria:

- You should be ordinary resident in the EU/EEA for at least 3 years prior to the start of your course
- You should also be ordinary resident in England or Wales on the first day of the first academic year of your course or 01/09/2019
- You/your spouse/civil partner/your parent/step-parent/grandparent/Child or grandchild must be working throughout your studies. If for any reason the Migrant Worker stops working you would lose your eligibility due to the Migrant Worker no longer meeting the criteria. To apply please send your application form to:

EU Migrant Worker Team, Student Finance England, PO Box 89, Darlington, DL1 9AZ.

Thanks, Angela,
kurocat77
Rep:
(Original post by Angela SFE)
Hi there,

To apply as a Migrant Worker you should meet the following eligibility criteria:

- You should be ordinary resident in the EU/EEA for at least 3 years prior to the start of your course
- You should also be ordinary resident in England or Wales on the first day of the first academic year of your course or 01/09/2019
- You/your spouse/civil partner/your parent/step-parent/grandparent/Child or grandchild must be working throughout your studies. If for any reason the Migrant Worker stops working you would lose your eligibility due to the Migrant Worker no longer meeting the criteria. To apply please send your application form to:

EU Migrant Worker Team, Student Finance England, PO Box 89, Darlington, DL1 9AZ.

Thanks, Angela,
I am confused. So If I have been resident for 3 years in the uk and hold pre-settled status, I can apply as a Migrant Worker or not?
Angela SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I am confused. So If I have been resident for 3 years in the uk and hold pre-settled status, I can apply as a Migrant Worker or not?
Hi there,

As long as you will be working during your study you will be eligible to be assessed as Migrant Worker.

Thanks, Angela.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (26)
27.96%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (31)
33.33%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (9)
9.68%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
3.23%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (5)
5.38%
I’m starting to consider my university options (13)
13.98%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (4)
4.3%
I’m not planning on going to university (2)
2.15%

Watched Threads