The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Psychology 2022

I know there are not lot of people who do this specification for psychology ... but how are you all feeling? Paper 1 is literally in 15 days 😬 this just doesn't feel real.
Anyone got any predictions for 8 markers?

Scroll to see replies

Ahh Idk I think for social it might be individual differences and developmental and for biological I'm thinking evaluate twin and adoption studies? because they didn't mention any specific topics lol. What do you think??
Reply 2
Original post by GrantA03
Ahh Idk I think for social it might be individual differences and developmental and for biological I'm thinking evaluate twin and adoption studies? because they didn't mention any specific topics lol. What do you think??

Yh I agree with the social one but my teacher thinks that for biological it might be something related to issues and debates like reductionism, ethics etc... because thats what the advance information says and thats the only thing we got for bio.
I am confused with learning theories because they mentiones literally every theory so how would they make an 8 marker with all of them
Original post by ChunLi
Yh I agree with the social one but my teacher thinks that for biological it might be something related to issues and debates like reductionism, ethics etc... because thats what the advance information says and thats the only thing we got for bio.
I am confused with learning theories because they mentiones literally every theory so how would they make an 8 marker with all of them

Yh I find it confusing that they're listing multiple topics per section when there's only one high tariff per section? But my teacher said they can do like four 2 markers on one topic so maybe that's it? So do you think for section E it will be cognitive and LT?
Reply 4
If paper 3 is SSR would there be a chance that paper 1 issues and debates could have SSR in bio, cog,learning
Reply 5
Yh I find it confusing that they're listing multiple topics per section when there's only one high tariff per section? But my teacher said they can do like four 2 markers on one topic so maybe that's it? So do you think for section E it will be cognitive and LT?

Oh yeah that makes sense like one topic would be broken down into different questions. Actually now that I have read the FAQ of advance info from the edexcel website I think you were right with bio, the 8 marker might be about research methods like adoption studies or brain scanning techniques... so I guess Section E will also include Bio
Reply 6
Original post by k31ra
If paper 3 is SSR would there be a chance that paper 1 issues and debates could have SSR in bio, cog,learning

The thing about SSR is that it never came up in paper 1 unlike most of the other issues and debates so you never know... but if it comes up that wouldn't really make sense since it would be repetitive
Yeah idk why i just associate SSR with later papers but it’s possible. We did a question yesterday for bio “evaluate correlations in bio psych” so maybe that too
I feel like for cognitive it would be 8 marker on the contemporary study and maybe 8 marker on practical for social. I'm not sure about learning theories so much it can be. Also biological is probably going to be lots of maths or research methods and issues and debates.
I really hate issues and debates the last 2 questions but I feel like it would be learning, biological and cognitive. I don't think it would be social because it doesn't say on the advanced information.
Reply 10
Original post by 17177171Ammmmm
I really hate issues and debates the last 2 questions but I feel like it would be learning, biological and cognitive. I don't think it would be social because it doesn't say on the advanced information.

Yh same I just can't remember all of them properly, we couldn't even focus much on them since my teachers spent time going through AS content we did during lockdown...

Also yh social will not be on issues and debates
Do you know for biological psychology do you have to know the twin study and adoption study fully . Like gottomen and shields aims procedure finding conclusion and evaluate it ?
Original post by ChunLi
Yh same I just can't remember all of them properly, we couldn't even focus much on them since my teachers spent time going through AS content we did during lockdown...

Also yh social will not be on issues and debates
(edited 1 year ago)
yess try to learn it, 4 marks A01 and 4 marks A02, for both twin study and adoption since it could be a an 8 marker. 'Evaluate your chosen twin study/adoption in biological psychology' im guessing
Do you know for biological psychology do you have to know the twin study and adoption study fully . Like gottomen and shields aims procedure finding conclusion and evaluate it ?
yess I agree omg biological will defo be sm research methods and issues and debates, make sure you know your brain scans, twin studies, adoption studies and correlation research. also I think the low markers for bio psych would be about key question

but for social I think it'll probs be individual differences affecting prejudice because how can they give an 8 marker for practical?? I personally never seen anything like that (correct me if im wrong) so I think it would be a 6 marker (describe procedure/ 2 strengths and weaknesses etc)

I feel like for cognitive it would be 8 marker on the contemporary study and maybe 8 marker on practical for social. I'm not sure about learning theories so much it can be. Also biological is probably going to be lots of maths or research methods and issues and debates.
thanks :smile: I was just revising for the twin, adoption, and brain scan rn. ughh the low tariffs i`m just going to roughly revise stuff that aren`t on the advanced information. Yh i`m sure they do an 8 marker on the practical I think I did it for my mocks from the clinical paper it was the 2021 paper so its recent. i hate how most psychology a level is AQA they have so much resources.

ahhh 3 days:0

btw what other subjects do you take.
Original post by behxshtaa
yess I agree omg biological will defo be sm research methods and issues and debates, make sure you know your brain scans, twin studies, adoption studies and correlation research. also I think the low markers for bio psych would be about key question

but for social I think it'll probs be individual differences affecting prejudice because how can they give an 8 marker for practical?? I personally never seen anything like that (correct me if im wrong) so I think it would be a 6 marker (describe procedure/ 2 strengths and weaknesses etc)
(edited 1 year ago)
yes there's barely anything for our exam board, but I guess we're lucky since thats why our grade boundaries are quite low!

I take psych, English lit (ocr) and sociology (aqa), wby??
thanks :smile: I was just revising for the twin, adoption, and brain scan rn. ughh the low tariffs i`m just going to roughly revise stuff that aren`t on the advanced information. Yh i`m sure they do an 8 marker on the practical I think I did it for my mocks from the clinical paper it was the 2021 paper so its recent. i hate how most psychology a level is AQA they have so much resources.

ahhh 3 days:0

btw what other subjects do you take.
I was thinking that question could come up…. What did you write in it?

Yeah idk why i just associate SSR with later papers but it’s possible. We did a question yesterday for bio “evaluate correlations in bio psych” so maybe that too
Original post by behxshtaa

I’ve never seen a lower mark question on a key question have you?

also what evaluation points would you put for Indiv differences in prejudice, the only one ik is for culture
For prejudice its definitely limited compared to obedience but I usually do culture and personality (authoritarianism makes you more likely to be prejudiced) and evidence for that is Cohrs (2012)
Original post by Djsjsjsjssj
I’ve never seen a lower mark question on a key question have you?

also what evaluation points would you put for Indiv differences in prejudice, the only one ik is for culture
Which issues and debates do everyone think will come up? I have a feeling it might be a culture and gender for one. I would really hate that.

Quick Reply

Latest