clearing for law

Watch this thread
luckygoat
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
how easy will it be to obtain a place for law through clearing at Russell Group universities ?
Mr Wednesday
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by luckygoat)
how easy will it be to obtain a place for law through clearing at Russell Group universities ?
Low probably, law is a competitive course and will generally be oversubscribed with good candidates at RG institutions.
BarryScott2022
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I believe Cardiff & Nottingham are in Extra with spaces (or were). I’m not saying that means they’ll be in Clearing but there is a slim chance, if they don’t fill the courses through Extra. Probably unlikely, but worth keeping an eye out.
luckygoat
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
even if I end up with A*A*A?

(Original post by BarryScott2022)
I believe Cardiff & Nottingham are in Extra with spaces (or were). I’m not saying that means they’ll be in Clearing but there is a slim chance, if they don’t fill the courses through Extra. Probably unlikely, but worth keeping an eye out.
MissRita07
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Clearing spaces aren't available based on the grades you get, it's about whether the course itself has space. Are you thinking of Adjustment?

If there were RG unis in clearing, which like everyone else, I'd say the chance is probably slim, A*A*A would probably give you a good chance of getting in.
artful_lounger
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Your grades don't matter in that regard - universities enter clearing only for one purpose, if they haven't filled all the spaces on their course. If the spaces are full they're not going to drop students with lower grades from the course to take those with higher grades who want to apply through clearing - they literally are unable to due to their contract with UCAS and the terms of the offers they made as they pertain to them!

As above competitive courses tend to be less common in clearing. Also clearing has been very volatile the last couple of years so it's really impossible to say what courses will be there. The question isn't whether you would be accepted for such a course in clearing - you mostly likely would with those grades - it's whether such courses would be in clearing in the first place (which is much less likely).
BarryScott2022
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
No need for me to answer your question as others have done. But…

If you were to get those grades then I think, if you are unhappy with any current offers/places and what’s offered in clearing, then your only other option would be to take a gap year and apply to the more selective Universities the year after. But there’s still no guarantee you’ll get a space based on those grades. There are students this year with those predictions who have been rejected. Law is very competitive and no one really knows the exact formula mix of grades/PS/LNAT/super curricular that Universities are looking for unless you’re an admissions tutor. However, having then achieved your grades and applying, should give some certainty to you, but no guarantees.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (13)
29.55%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (17)
38.64%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
4.55%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (2)
4.55%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (3)
6.82%
I’m starting to consider my university options (6)
13.64%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
2.27%

Watched Threads