The Student Room Group

Scared of getting hurt

Hey :smile:

My ex left me a few months ago, initially she ghosted me, then she went back and forth between ghosting and being friends for a while.
About a month ago, she said she didn’t want to be friends anymore, and since then I haven’t spoken to her. She told me at first that if I ever had something to say to her, I could say it, and that she’d do the same. I never took her up on that, figured it would be better for me to go fully no-contact as I kept getting hurt.

Fast forward to today, and… she spoke to me. One of our mutual friends (much closer to her than me) went missing this morning and it turns out she was being groomed, she’d gone to hang out with some of the men grooming her, thus skipping school. Police are involved now, it should all be fine and she’s safe, but while this was all unfolding, she ended up asking me if I was alright, and she smiled and waved at me. Later on, when she could see I was upset about it and on my own, she came and sat by me in silence, just keeping me company - she always liked me to do exactly that when she was upset.

I don’t wanna get hurt but I’m so gullible. I know I’ll fall for her charm again, I’ll become attached and she’ll leave me again. How can I distance myself? I want to be nice to her, say hi etc, but I know that will make me grow fond of her again and I can’t let that happen. How do I stop it without being rude and ignoring her?
Just tell her you don't have the mental fortitude to deal with someone who ghosts their friends, regardless of circumstances. Put the blame on you and the conversation will go better.
Original post by Anonymous
Just tell her you don't have the mental fortitude to deal with someone who ghosts their friends, regardless of circumstances. Put the blame on you and the conversation will go better.

Thank you, I’ll try :smile:
Thank you, I’ll try :smile:

heartbreak is one of those feelings i don't even want my enemies to face, i was heartbroken by the man i love so much , he was kind and every woman's dream man, he left me for someone else saying this relationship is over , i was daverstated and heartbroken because i so much love him , i was desperate i wanted him back, so i decided to go online and search for help when i came across this powerful spell caster who cast a return love spell for me and my lover who broke up with me came back to me within 48 hours, all thanks to him , if you want his help add him on WhatsApp 2348054681416 he is so powerful, you can email him : greatmutaba@ gmail. com
Hey :smile:

My ex left me a few months ago, initially she ghosted me, then she went back and forth between ghosting and being friends for a while.
About a month ago, she said she didn’t want to be friends anymore, and since then I haven’t spoken to her. She told me at first that if I ever had something to say to her, I could say it, and that she’d do the same. I never took her up on that, figured it would be better for me to go fully no-contact as I kept getting hurt.

Fast forward to today, and… she spoke to me. One of our mutual friends (much closer to her than me) went missing this morning and it turns out she was being groomed, she’d gone to hang out with some of the men grooming her, thus skipping school. Police are involved now, it should all be fine and she’s safe, but while this was all unfolding, she ended up asking me if I was alright, and she smiled and waved at me. Later on, when she could see I was upset about it and on my own, she came and sat by me in silence, just keeping me company - she always liked me to do exactly that when she was upset.

I don’t wanna get hurt but I’m so gullible. I know I’ll fall for her charm again, I’ll become attached and she’ll leave me again. How can I distance myself? I want to be nice to her, say hi etc, but I know that will make me grow fond of her again and I can’t let that happen. How do I stop it without being rude and ignoring her?

heartbreak is one of those feelings i don't even want my enemies to face, i was heartbroken by the man i love so much , he was kind and every woman's dream man, he left me for someone else saying this relationship is over , i was daverstated and heartbroken because i so much love him , i was desperate i wanted him back, so i decided to go online and search for help when i came across this powerful spell caster who cast a return love spell for me and my lover who broke up with me came back to me within 48 hours, all thanks to him , if you want his help add him on WhatsApp 2348054681416 he is so powerful, you can email him : greatmutaba@ gmail. com
Original post by Doreen11

I don’t want her back, I want to distance myself from her… I’m also not really into spells and stuff. Thank you though :smile:

Quick Reply