The Student Room Group

Help on giving a presentation for GCSE English language NEA

I'm doing my GCSE English language NEA in a few weeks time, I have to give a short presentation to a group of about 4 or 5 other people. Researching and writing a presentation should be fine, but I have social anxiety and the thought of presenting to a group terrifies me. I was just wondering if anyone has any advice or things that might make me feel a bit better about doing it. Thanks :smile:
Make notes. Stay focused on what you need to do etc. Good luck. For me personally the research and preparation part was the hardest bit of it all. I was once asked to prepare a five minute talk and powerpoint presentation on the topic of fashion for my English year eight class.
I did not know what to include in the talk and wasted my spare time on irrelevant bits of unwanted information as a result. A short list of helpful things to include as part of your presentation in other words is always a good idea. Focus and also narrow down your research. Be very selective in whatever facts that you use. Never copy directly but rather quote or paraphrase your research material instead.
Original post by tinyperson
Make notes. Stay focused on what you need to do etc. Good luck. For me personally the research and preparation part was the hardest bit of it all. I was once asked to prepare a five minute talk and powerpoint presentation on the topic of fashion for my English year eight class.
I did not know what to include in the talk and wasted my spare time on irrelevant bits of unwanted information as a result. A short list of helpful things to include as part of your presentation in other words is always a good idea. Focus and also narrow down your research. Be very selective in whatever facts that you use. Never copy directly but rather quote or paraphrase your research material instead.

Thank you so much, this is really helpful.

Quick Reply

Latest