The Student Room Group

Music Technology / Sound Engineering Degree (Tonmeister?)

Good Evening, I am in the lower 6th looking ahead at universities. I am studying Further Maths, Maths, Music Tech and Physics, and am (according to quarterly assessments) on track for A*AA at the end of this year. I have a huge passion for music technology, specifically the recording and mixing side, having done projects both inside and outside of the curriculum.
It seems that Tonmeister would be the best course for me, however I do not yet have Grade 5 Music Theory (learning the stuff atm) and am learning guitar at grade 5 (should be grade 6/7 by the time of uni).
I volunteer in both my school and church's production teams, helping to setup and run large events and doing the sound at church twice monthly. I also have 2 1/2 weeks of voluntary work lined up at an event over the summer, working alongside a large AV company.
Would a course like Tonmeister be suitable for me (provided I can get my theory up to scratch) or should I be looking elsewhere?
Read the course description listed on their website and then make some brief notes. Or ring or email them in order to find out a bit more about what to expect. Consider your own skills when applying directly.
Reply 2
Hello, sounds like a great fit!See also https://iosr.uk/tonmeister/faqs.php

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending