The Student Room Group

How to tell my parents I’m pregnant?

How do I tell my parents I’m pregnant? Put in mind they are so strict and I am just 17. Also, the father of the baby doesn’t want to support me and he is acting irresponsible.

Scroll to see replies

Well u were acting irresponsible to put urself into that position in the first place u must now take responsibility along with him as u r both as responsible as eachother, maybe tell his parents too
Telling his parents would be embarrassing tbh and I dunno if they would support me
Original post by lilyyalexanderr
Telling his parents would be embarrassing tbh and I dunno if they would support me

It’s not about it being “embarrassing” u can’t run away from it they’re going to find out either way, for the benefit of u and ur child u might aswell tell them, they may be angry but at the end of the day ur their daughter and they probably want the best for u, I’m sure u want the best for ur child too, although you’ve made a mistake now’s ur time to start owning up to them and making things right. Even if they won’t support u I’m pretty sure there are organisations in place and make him take responsibility aswell.
Are you planning to carry the baby to term or have an abortion?

He doesn’t have a choice it’s HIS child as well as it is urs he has to take accountability, if u don’t want to end up doing everything on ur own u should probably tell them or tell ur parents.
How do I tell my parents I’m pregnant? Put in mind they are so strict and I am just 17. Also, the father of the baby doesn’t want to support me and he is acting irresponsible.

What a wippsnaper!!!!! The father not helping is a bummer but not your fault! Honestly there's not comfortable way of doing it but you need to let them know, it's better to hear it from you as early on as you can, rather than a white coat stranger if things get uncontrollable. I'd say it's probably going to do more harm than good if you don't. I'm sorry for this, but if you're not planning to keep the baby then it may be possible not to tell them but you would most likely cause stress and pain to yourself, especially if your parents aren't there to support you. It's important to have a circle of support in these times and if you need anything you can always contact me. I'm a minion-loving 16 year old male!
Its a shame the father wants nothing to do with the baby. But at least you now know his stance from early on. You need to tell your parents and the sooner the better. Then at least you can talk together on this and work out how you are going to deal with the situation.
Its going to be hard, but once you rip that plaster off by telling them, you will be in a much more informed position. You can run away from whats happening, but things will soon become clear when you start to show.

Telling his parents, right now is not the best thing. should you decide to not go ahead with the pregnancy, telling them now would be an added complication, and since the father doesnt want to know, the choice is now down to you, not down to his parents. If you do decide to go ahead, then yes tell them and then they can decide whether they want to be a part of this.
Original post by fareeda234
It’s not about it being “embarrassing” u can’t run away from it they’re going to find out either way, for the benefit of u and ur child u might aswell tell them, they may be angry but at the end of the day ur their daughter and they probably want the best for u, I’m sure u want the best for ur child too, although you’ve made a mistake now’s ur time to start owning up to them and making things right. Even if they won’t support u I’m pretty sure there are organisations in place and make him take responsibility aswell.

I’m kinda scared but I guess I have no other choice. Thank you so much <3
Original post by rosy_posy
Are you planning to carry the baby to term or have an abortion?

I wanna keep the baby
Original post by Harrybinson
What a wippsnaper!!!!! The father not helping is a bummer but not your fault! Honestly there's not comfortable way of doing it but you need to let them know, it's better to hear it from you as early on as you can, rather than a white coat stranger if things get uncontrollable. I'd say it's probably going to do more harm than good if you don't. I'm sorry for this, but if you're not planning to keep the baby then it may be possible not to tell them but you would most likely cause stress and pain to yourself, especially if your parents aren't there to support you. It's important to have a circle of support in these times and if you need anything you can always contact me. I'm a minion-loving 16 year old male!

I’m planning on keeping the baby if my parents didn’t force me to have an abortion. I guess I will have to do it ASAP then. Also, thank you so much, that’s kind of you!
I wanna keep the baby

I’m planning on keeping the baby if my parents didn’t force me to have an abortion. I guess I will have to do it ASAP then. Also, thank you so much, that’s kind of you!

Good luck!! Any baby names?
Original post by Ghostlady
Its a shame the father wants nothing to do with the baby. But at least you now know his stance from early on. You need to tell your parents and the sooner the better. Then at least you can talk together on this and work out how you are going to deal with the situation.
Its going to be hard, but once you rip that plaster off by telling them, you will be in a much more informed position. You can run away from whats happening, but things will soon become clear when you start to show.

Telling his parents, right now is not the best thing. should you decide to not go ahead with the pregnancy, telling them now would be an added complication, and since the father doesnt want to know, the choice is now down to you, not down to his parents. If you do decide to go ahead, then yes tell them and then they can decide whether they want to be a part of this.

I’m not sure of how they are going to react but yeah as you said sooner or later they will know. Thank you for your advice :smile:
Good luck!! Any baby names?

Thank you! And I don’t even know if I’m having a boy or a girl lol
Thank you! And I don’t even know if I’m having a boy or a girl lol

boy
boy

We’ll see :smile:
We’ll see :smile:

It is a boy. I can tell
I’m not sure of how they are going to react but yeah as you said sooner or later they will know. Thank you for your advice :smile:

Have you told them yet? Hope they are supportive x
Original post by Ghostlady
Have you told them yet? Hope they are supportive x

No, not yet. I need to finish my exams first. Thank you for asking :smile:

So your going to continue with the pregnancy then. Because if your thinking of not going ahead, the sooner the better, exams or no exams.

Why would exams stop you from telling them? The decision you make with this pregnancy could change your life.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest