The Student Room Group

Which is better for Msc in Fintech Nottingham Uni or Uni of Surrey

I am an international student taking up Msc in fIntech , I don't live in UK so cant visit the campus. Hoping to get some insights on this.
Original post by anki92
I am an international student taking up Msc in fIntech , I don't live in UK so cant visit the campus. Hoping to get some insights on this.

Hi there,

To introduce myself I’m Joao. In my final year studying BSc Economics at Surrey University, I am working as a Campus Ambassador for JP Morgan. I recently finished my one-year industrial placement as an Economist for the British Government’s Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra). I also had the opportunity to work as a Private Secretary to the Minister of Environment and Biosecurity.

It's great to hear you have applied to Surrey and received an offer. If you have any questions about Surrey or uni life in general, then please ask as I am here to help you out :smile:

The new FinTech sector is transforming the global financial services industry, which has an increasing demand for advanced data analytics skills and knowledge. Our MSc FinTech and Policy course will provide you with the necessary theoretical knowledge and practical skills to work as a professional within the financial services industry and regulatory organisations. Through a carefully selected mix of modules, you’ll obtain a solid understanding of financial regulation, technology, and law, while you learn how to navigate an increasingly complex, dynamic and global financial environment. You’ll be taught by expert research-active academics in business and law, as well as numerous industry professionals, who will guide you through a forward-thinking and refreshing combination of academic theory and industry experience. We were ranked 8th for business and economics in the UK and in the top 20 for law in the UK by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2021. We were also ranked 15th for employability in law in the Guardian University Guide 2021.

The campus is lovely. Surrey is known to put a lot of emphasis on the social life of students and always cares about how you spend your free time at university. The student union offers more than 140 societies based on any hobbies and interests students have and clubs for all kinds of sports that a student might want to take up. And even with covid restrictions, the union managed to organise one of the biggest covid-safe university events in the country!

Joao
Economics
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending