Bath or Manchester for Biological/ biomed sciences?

Watch this thread
Sid Nandula
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
So I've got an offer from both bath for Biological sciences and Manchester for Biomed and I'm unsure as to which one to choose. Could anyone let me know which one they'd recommend in terms of how good the teaching is and what sort of placements each uni offer?
cyangalaxy
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Sid Nandula)
So I've got an offer from both bath for Biological sciences and Manchester for Biomed and I'm unsure as to which one to choose. Could anyone let me know which one they'd recommend in terms of how good the teaching is and what sort of placements each uni offer?
I've firmed Bath for Biochemistry and I know they have a very good placement programme. Student satisfaction is also very high
Sid Nandula
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by cyangalaxy)
I've firmed Bath for Biochemistry and I know they have a very good placement programme. Student satisfaction is also very high
Is biochem much different to biology as that’s the course I’d do if I were to choose Bath. What sort of companies are the placements for, do you have much of an idea?
cyangalaxy
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Sid Nandula)
Is biochem much different to biology as that’s the course I’d do if I were to choose Bath. What sort of companies are the placements for, do you have much of an idea?
For first year I think the courses are quite similar and then you choose more in second and third year. Biology gets a lot of choice in what modules to take. I'm not overly sure but I think one student got a placement with Pfizer working on the vaccine?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (30)
17.96%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (43)
25.75%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (85)
50.9%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (9)
5.39%

Watched Threads