The Student Room Group

Re-sitting

Hi,

I am currently in my 3rd year of my OT degree at teesside uni.

Its been a horrific experience, covid has impacted every year. I have missed placements, done the majority of learning online. I am now having a missed placement to complete i will not graduate until august. I have secured a job for when i am finished. But i find myself feeling i have not got a clue with my knowledge. I really feel i want to resit this final year.

Can i just decided to resit or do i have to fail ? Its heading towards a fail i have extensions on all my work. I have also had alot of problems in my personal life , being an adult learning with children and a partner.

Thanks
Original post by Katie3187
Hi,

Its been a horrific experience, covid has impacted every year. I have missed placements, done the majority of learning online. I am now having a missed placement to complete i will not graduate until august. I have secured a job for when i am finished. But i find myself feeling i have not got a clue with my knowledge. I really feel i want to resit this final year.

Can i just decided to resit or do i have to fail ? Its heading towards a fail i have extensions on all my work. I have also had alot of problems in my personal life , being an adult learning with children and a partner.

Thanks

Hi there

@Tracey_W or @Emily_B could help :smile:
Hi,

Thanks

Well done for getting this far, despite really tough circumstances.

Usually, passing all 3 years leads straight to passing the course and then relevant registration. I'd highly recommend speaking to the university NOW about either re-sitting the year or deferring 6-12 months. Deferring could give you the time you need not only to get some revision in/work as a therapy assistant (which can help massively with understanding) but also time to sort out some of the other stuff going on in your life.

Please speak to the university. Good luck.
Reply 3
Original post by Emily_B
Well done for getting this far, despite really tough circumstances.

Usually, passing all 3 years leads straight to passing the course and then relevant registration. I'd highly recommend speaking to the university NOW about either re-sitting the year or deferring 6-12 months. Deferring could give you the time you need not only to get some revision in/work as a therapy assistant (which can help massively with understanding) but also time to sort out some of the other stuff going on in your life.

Please speak to the university. Good luck.

I have tried numerous times to discuss this with my tutor and she just dismisses my concernes. And tells me she will get me through, i dont think she understands i do not want to just get through i want to be confident in what i am qualifying to do. I feel so stressed, i can not even get a straight answer on when i will completing my missed placement, everything feels so chaotic. Then going from this chaos straight into a new role just seems very stressful

Thanks
I have tried numerous times to discuss this with my tutor and she just dismisses my concernes. And tells me she will get me through, i dont think she understands i do not want to just get through i want to be confident in what i am qualifying to do. I feel so stressed, i can not even get a straight answer on when i will completing my missed placement, everything feels so chaotic. Then going from this chaos straight into a new role just seems very stressful

Thanks

Is there anyone higher up that you can talk to? Course leader, perhaps? Have you reached out to the university student union for support?
Reply 5
Original post by Emily_B
Is there anyone higher up that you can talk to? Course leader, perhaps? Have you reached out to the university student union for support?

Hi,

Course lead is on the sick. Course is utter chaos. The teaching has been terrible, staff off all the time. Changing tutors. I am going to see if i can speak to someone in student services thanks
Hi,

Course lead is on the sick. Course is utter chaos. The teaching has been terrible, staff off all the time. Changing tutors. I am going to see if i can speak to someone in student services thanks

Hi @Katie3187

I'm so sorry to hear you've had this experience.

If you would be happy to DM me your details, I can pick this up with the academic school and we can look for a solution which addresses your concerns?

Thanks
Kate
Hi,

Thanks

Hi Katie

Sorry to hear that you are struggling with things and also the non experience you would have expected to have done by now.

Unfortunately you already know that COVID has affected the whole nursing degree courses throughout UK and also the world probably as well.

I think what Emily said in her reply to you in post #3 about talking to your university and course leader about things as they are the best one's to help you with things.

Also get back in touch with the person from @Teesside University( post #7) and see if they can assist you with things.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending