The Student Room Group

anyone wanna talk

I am bored... if anyone wants to talk please pm me...

Scroll to see replies

Heya
Reply 2
Original post by tinyperson
Heya

heya...
you ok
Reply 4
Original post by tinyperson
you ok

kinda...just feeling a little depresed...
Original post by Reeti
kinda...just feeling a little depresed...

Whats wrong?
Reply 6
Original post by ran-dumb
Whats wrong?

ahh...moved to DK about 8 months ago... I do not know anyone here.. so a bit alone and kinda depressed
Original post by Reeti
ahh...moved to DK about 8 months ago... I do not know anyone here.. so a bit alone and kinda depressed

What did you move there for, school, uni, work? It can be tough moving to a new place and don't worry if it takes time to settle in
Reply 8
What did you move there for, school, uni, work? It can be tough moving to a new place and don't worry if it takes time to settle in

school...my mom got a transfer
Original post by Reeti
school...my mom got a transfer

Did your family have to move for a job? Its really hard to make friends at a new school when everyone knows everyone already. What year are you in, there might still be plenty of time to get to know people, or if not well if you're off to sixth form or uni soon then its a fresh start and everyone will start from scratch like you.
Reply 10
Did your family have to move for a job? Its really hard to make friends at a new school when everyone knows everyone already. What year are you in, there might still be plenty of time to get to know people, or if not well if you're off to sixth form or uni soon then its a fresh start and everyone will start from scratch like you.

yea... my mom and me had to move... ik that's so true... i am in 10 grade a.k.a. MYP 5
Original post by Reeti
yea... my mom and me had to move... ik that's so true... i am in 10 grade a.k.a. MYP 5

Hmm still a couple more years. Have you talked to your mom about finding things tough? If the people are not nice to you it might be worth looking into switching schools, but otherwise its a lot easier to take your time and get to know everyone better before you jump into any conclusions.
Reply 12
Hmm still a couple more years. Have you talked to your mom about finding things tough? If the people are not nice to you it might be worth looking into switching schools, but otherwise its a lot easier to take your time and get to know everyone better before you jump into any conclusions.

people are good... but they are in their own group of friends... and do not mingle so easily... I am trying tho
Original post by Reeti
people are good... but they are in their own group of friends... and do not mingle so easily... I am trying tho

Yeah don't give up so easily, a lot of times its not that they don't like you, just they're used to being with their group so don't really go out of their way to include you.
Reply 14
Yeah don't give up so easily, a lot of times its not that they don't like you, just they're used to being with their group so don't really go out of their way to include you.

Yea... I feel the same
Original post by Reeti
Yea... I feel the same

There you go, so maybe just 'be there' so they feel more comfortable and get to know you a bit more
Reply 16
There you go, so maybe just 'be there' so they feel more comfortable and get to know you a bit more

hmm... I would try... Thanks sooo much...it felt better talking to someone
Original post by Reeti
hmm... I would try... Thanks sooo much...it felt better talking to someone

No worries, sometimes that's all it takes. Another perspective.
Reply 18
No worries, sometimes that's all it takes. Another perspective.

hmm...but can i ask you where are you from... if you don't mind answering
Original post by Reeti
hmm...but can i ask you where are you from... if you don't mind answering

Haha why does that matter...if you don't mind answering

Quick Reply

Latest