Student finance application

Watch this thread
cm.22
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I'm filling in the paper application form for student finance, and was just wondering how sfe will ask for evidence if they need it. Will they email or call?

Also, will I be given a customer reference number if I am not applying online?
Thanks in advance
Amy SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by cm.22)
Hi, I'm filling in the paper application form for student finance, and was just wondering how sfe will ask for evidence if they need it. Will they email or call?

Thanks in advance
Hi there,

You will receive requests via email, once your application has been received and entered onto the system you will be sent a Customer Reference Number and log in details to create an online account. Once you have an online account you will also be able to track the application status along with view any evidence requests.

Thanks, Amy
cm.22
Rep:
(Original post by Amy SFE)
Hi there,

You will receive requests via email, once your application has been received and entered onto the system you will be sent a Customer Reference Number and log in details to create an online account. Once you have an online account you will also be able to track the application status along with view any evidence requests.

Thanks, Amy
Hi Amy, thank you for answering my questions!

I was also wondering if my student finance application is late meaning the tuition fees may be paid after the start of the year, do you know whether universities generally still allow students to enrol?
Amy SFE
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by cm.22)

I was also wondering if my student finance application is late meaning the tuition fees may be paid after the start of the year, do you know whether universities generally still allow students to enrol?
You're welcome.

Yes, as long as you make them aware you have an application in place and are waiting for it to be reviewed they still allow student's to enrol.

Thanks, Amy
cm.22
Rep:
You're welcome.

Yes, as long as you make them aware you have an application in place and are waiting for it to be reviewed they still allow student's to enrol.

Thanks, Amy
Hi, thank you so much for your help!
SFE Erin N
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by cm.22)

Hi There,

We’d recommend contacting the university you’re applying to for advice on this; though we’ll still pay your tuition fees if you submit the application late.

Thanks, Erin N
cm.22
Rep:
(Original post by SFE Erin N)
Hi There,

We’d recommend contacting the university you’re applying to for advice on this; though we’ll still pay your tuition fees if you submit the application late.

Thanks, Erin N
Hi, thank you for the advice!
Angela SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by cm.22)
Hi, thank you for the advice!
Hi there,

You are more than welcome.

Thanks, Angela.
cm.22
Rep:
Hi there,

Thanks, Amy
Hi Amy, I'm filling in the form and in the terms and conditions section where I'm supposed to sign, it asks for my customer reference number. Do I just leave this blank as I don't have one?
Graeme SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by cm.22)
Hi Amy, I'm filling in the form and in the terms and conditions section where I'm supposed to sign, it asks for my customer reference number. Do I just leave this blank as I don't have one?
Hi there,

Yes, that's right - you should leave that blank.

Thanks, Graeme
cm.22
Rep:
(Original post by Graeme SFE)
Hi there,

Thanks, Graeme
Hi Graeme, thanks for letting me know!
cm.22
Rep:
(Original post by Graeme SFE)
Hi there,

Thanks, Graeme
Hi Graeme, I was wondering how household income is assessed if I want to apply for the full maintenance loan. Are there any additional forms for my parents or me to fill in?

Also, if I get a part time job while at uni, will if I have to tell SFE, and if so, how would I do that?
Thanks
Jen SFE
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by cm.22)
Hi Graeme, I was wondering how household income is assessed if I want to apply for the full maintenance loan. Are there any additional forms for my parents or me to fill in?

Also, if I get a part time job while at uni, will if I have to tell SFE, and if so, how would I do that?
Thanks
Hi there,

Yes, your parents need to complete this form for the 22/23 academic year - https://assets.publishing.service.go...orm_2223_o.pdf. If you gain employment throughout the academic year, we don't need you to let us know about this.

Thanks, Jen
cm.22
Rep:
(Original post by Jen SFE)
Hi there,

Yes, your parents need to complete this form for the 22/23 academic year - https://assets.publishing.service.go...orm_2223_o.pdf. If you gain employment throughout the academic year, we don't need you to let us know about this.

Thanks, Jen
Hi Jen, thanks for letting me know!
Jen SFE
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by cm.22)
Hi Jen, thanks for letting me know!
You are very welcome!

Thanks, Jen
cm.22
Rep:
(Original post by Jen SFE)
You are very welcome!

Thanks, Jen
Hi Jen, I decided to do the online application since it seemed easier. I chose to apply for the higher maintenance loan and at the end of that section, it said I could apply for upto £8171. However, in the last Submit section, it said in the summary that I could apply for upto £4574. I was wondering whether this difference is because I haven't uploaded the financial circumstances form yet or if there's some other reason. Please could you let me know?

Also, in my Actions to complete section, it says: "Awaiting Sponsor 2 Details" and "Awaiting Sponsor 1 Details" - what does this mean?
Last edited by cm.22; 1 month ago
SFE Karen
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by cm.22)

Thanks in advance
Hi there, What application form are you completing? Are you applying as a new or returning student? Thanks, Karen
cm.22
Rep:
(Original post by SFE Karen)
Hi there, What application form are you completing? Are you applying as a new or returning student? Thanks, Karen
Hi Karen, thank you for your reply. I decided to do the online application since it seemed easier.

I'm applying as a new student and I chose to apply for the higher maintenance loan and at the end of that section, it said I could apply for upto £8171. However, in the last Submit section, it said in the summary that I could apply for upto £4574. I was wondering whether this difference is because I haven't uploaded the financial circumstances form yet or if there's some other reason. Please could you let me know?

Also, in my Actions to complete section, it says: "Awaiting Sponsor 2 Details" and "Awaiting Sponsor 1 Details" - what does this mean?
SFE Karen
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by cm.22)
Hi Karen, thank you for your reply. I decided to do the online application since it seemed easier.

I'm applying as a new student and I chose to apply for the higher maintenance loan and at the end of that section, it said I could apply for upto £8171. However, in the last Submit section, it said in the summary that I could apply for upto £4574. I was wondering whether this difference is because I haven't uploaded the financial circumstances form yet or if there's some other reason. Please could you let me know?

If your application hasn't been fully assessed yet the full amount of funding won't have been confirmed yet. Sponsor 1 and sponsor 2 are your parents. This information would be required to determine the funding you are entitled to receive. Thanks, Karen
cm.22
Rep:
(Original post by SFE Karen)
If your application hasn't been fully assessed yet the full amount of funding won't have been confirmed yet. Sponsor 1 and sponsor 2 are your parents. This information would be required to determine the funding you are entitled to receive. Thanks, Karen
Hi Karen, thanks for your help!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (39)
32.23%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (55)
45.45%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (26)
21.49%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.83%

Watched Threads