wheres better to live

Watch this thread
0Lucy0
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
is Kent or Essex better?
University of Kent Reps
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 0Lucy0)
is Kent or Essex better?
Hey 0Lucy0

Are you talking about living in either Kent or Essex, or studying at the University of Kent or University of Essex?

If the latter, I'd be happy to help you find information on courses you may be interested in

Nathan
UKC Rep
0Lucy0
Rep:
(Original post by University of Kent Reps)
Hey 0Lucy0

Are you talking about living in either Kent or Essex, or studying at the University of Kent or University of Essex?

If the latter, I'd be happy to help you find information on courses you may be interested in

Nathan
UKC Rep
Hi,

I was talking about both in all honesty. If you have any information please let me know.

thank you
University of Kent Reps
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 0Lucy0)
Hi,

I was talking about both in all honesty. If you have any information please let me know.

thank you
Sure thing 0Lucy0

I have the unique position where I am from Colchester (where a University of Essex campus is), and I study at the University of Kent - I looked at both Universities, and this is how I came to the conclusion.

Both places have really great history - Colchester is the UK's oldest town and was the previous capital of the UK. Canterbury has of a world famous cathedral, and loads of pubs and buildings which have been around for hundreds of years.

The question is, what kind of area do you want to live in? The University of Kent has several bars, restaurants and clubs on campus, and with a short walk down the hill you're in the city where there's so many places to go, things to do, places to drink and eat (Which you can see my favourites here)!

Canterbury is a beautiful location, which had a major impact in my decision to studying here. The campus is at walking distance from a bustling historic city with beautiful rivers and gardens - or in the opposite direction you can walk through stunning forests for picnics with friends and trips to the seaside. The best part is that Canterbury is only 40-minute train away from London, and one train away from the Eurostar where you can have a weekend in Paris!

I don't want to unfairly speak of UoE, but my experience of Colchester is that public transportation exists somewhat, but the roads are very busy so it takes a long time to get into town where everything is meaning you could be stuck on the campus.

If you need any course specific information, tell me what things you are interested in and I'll find you some great options!

Nathan
UKC Rep
0Lucy0
Rep:
(Original post by University of Kent Reps)
Sure thing 0Lucy0

I have the unique position where I am from Colchester (where a University of Essex campus is), and I study at the University of Kent - I looked at both Universities, and this is how I came to the conclusion.

Both places have really great history - Colchester is the UK's oldest town and was the previous capital of the UK. Canterbury has of a world famous cathedral, and loads of pubs and buildings which have been around for hundreds of years.

The question is, what kind of area do you want to live in? The University of Kent has several bars, restaurants and clubs on campus, and with a short walk down the hill you're in the city where there's so many places to go, things to do, places to drink and eat (Which you can see my favourites here)!

Canterbury is a beautiful location, which had a major impact in my decision to studying here. The campus is at walking distance from a bustling historic city with beautiful rivers and gardens - or in the opposite direction you can walk through stunning forests for picnics with friends and trips to the seaside. The best part is that Canterbury is only 40-minute train away from London, and one train away from the Eurostar where you can have a weekend in Paris!

I don't want to unfairly speak of UoE, but my experience of Colchester is that public transportation exists somewhat, but the roads are very busy so it takes a long time to get into town where everything is meaning you could be stuck on the campus.

If you need any course specific information, tell me what things you are interested in and I'll find you some great options!

Nathan
UKC Rep
Hi,

Thank you so much, you have no idea how much you have helped me. I know Canterbury is a lovely area and I know people from there which is a benefit. I will most likely stay in Kent, as it fulfils my overall needs more. However, which university in Canterbury is best would you say?

kind regards,

Lucy .
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (36)
33.96%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (48)
45.28%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (21)
19.81%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.94%

Watched Threads