University Exams Optometry Resit

Watch this thread
Sammy_789
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am currently studying second year optometry and am in the middle of exam season. Im feeling really nervous as, having done two exams thus far and having three more to go, I don’t think I am doing well. I am fully anticipating having to take the resits in august but even then I’m a bit nervous about not doing well in those either.

The pass mark is 40% and I just really don’t want to resit the entire year. Not only because I don’t want fall behind but also because I’ve passed all the practical components this year as well as the other assignments and tests we’ve done so I kinda hate the idea of resitting and having to redo EVERYTHING.

I overall understand the content but I just struggle with application type questions.

Do you think they would make me redo the entire year if I were to not get the 40% in the written exams, even tho I passed all my practical and assignment aspects? Or would I be able to arrange to make up not passing by taking on additional assignments in third year (I’ve heard of instances like this in the past).

Im just not sure of all my options so i just wanted to see if anyone knows anything.
Proton1235
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
Sounds like you're not cut out for optometry
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (51)
26.15%
As I expected (64)
32.82%
Harder (72)
36.92%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
4.1%

Watched Threads