Financially supported by the parent I don't live with

Watch this thread
js1mran
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,

I'm applying for SFE for Sept intake and I have a query about financial dependence.

I live with my father, but I receive no financial support from him whatsoever but I receive it from my mother who I do not live with. Legally, I live with my father.

Can someone help advise on what I can do in this situation?

Thanks,
Jade
Amy SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by js1mran)
Hi,

I'm applying for SFE for Sept intake and I have a query about financial dependence.

I live with my father, but I receive no financial support from him whatsoever but I receive it from my mother who I do not live with. Legally, I live with my father.

Can someone help advise on what I can do in this situation?

Thanks,
Jade
Hi Jade,

On the application we will ask you to provide the sponsor you have most contact with, if you live with your father we would expect you to use them to support your application however, if you would prefer to use your mother she can support your application and you can tick mother on your account.

Thanks, Amy
js1mran
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Amy SFE)
Hi Jade,

On the application we will ask you to provide the sponsor you have most contact with, if you live with your father we would expect you to use them to support your application however, if you would prefer to use your mother she can support your application and you can tick mother on your account.

Thanks, Amy
Hi Amy, thanks for that information!

So when it's asked who I live with, do I put my mother or father? I've currently put father as I do, but now it's asking about household income for my father so now I'm confused!

Thanks for you help, Jade
Last edited by js1mran; 1 month ago
SFE Erin N
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 month ago

So when it's asked who I live with, do I put my mother or father? I've currently put father as I do, but now it's asking about household income for my father so now I'm confused!

Hi there,

Wed recommend changing this to your mother; this way she can link to your account online.

Thanks, Erin N
js1mran
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by SFE Erin N)
Hi there,

Wed recommend changing this to your mother; this way she can link to your account online.

Thanks, Erin N
Hi there.
Would this not cause an issue with me putting that I live at a different address to the one I actually live at?

Thanks,
Jade
SFE Karen
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago

Hi Jade, If you live with your father and are under the age of 25 we would require his financial information to support your application to apply for the higher amount of funding. Please have him complete this information as soon as possible/. Thanks, Karen
js1mran
Rep:
(Original post by SFE Karen)
Hi Jade, If you live with your father and are under the age of 25 we would require his financial information to support your application to apply for the higher amount of funding. Please have him complete this information as soon as possible/. Thanks, Karen
Hi Karen.
This seems to be conflicting advice to that I've received from Erin and Amy. I do live with my father however I strictly stay there and receive no financial support from him, just my mother. It seems as though Amy & Erin were advising how I can use my mother for the sponsor but I just had a question on how to do it on the application. Please can you advise, or explain why I'm now getting contradicting advice?
Thanks,
Jade.
SFE Erin N
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi Karen.
This seems to be conflicting advice to that I've received from Erin and Amy. I do live with my father however I strictly stay there and receive no financial support from him, just my mother. It seems as though Amy & Erin were advising how I can use my mother for the sponsor but I just had a question on how to do it on the application. Please can you advise, or explain why I'm now getting contradicting advice?
Thanks,
Jade.
Hi There,

I apologise for the conflicting advice; just to check will you be living with your father during term-time?

Thanks, Erin N
js1mran
Rep:
(Original post by SFE Erin N)
Hi There,

I apologise for the conflicting advice; just to check will you be living with your father during term-time?

Thanks, Erin N
Hi Erin,

Yes, I will be living predominantly with my father but I will still be receiving no financial support from him but will from my mother.

Thanks,
Jade
Erin SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi Erin,

Yes, I will be living predominantly with my father but I will still be receiving no financial support from him but will from my mother.

Thanks,
Jade
Hi Jade,

If you live with your dad, then we need your dad to support your application.

Thanks, Erin
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (8)
44.44%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (4)
22.22%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
11.11%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (0)
0%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (0)
0%
I’m starting to consider my university options (3)
16.67%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
5.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed