Data Science at Bangor University

Watch this thread
KHUSHI2512
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,
i'm thinking about my offer for MSc Data Science in Bangor University- Can someone please give me some insight about the university and the computer science department of the uni?

I am fairly clueless about it so any info about the city would help too. is the night life good? is it boring?

Should i go there? ( I also have an offer from coventry for the same)
Last edited by KHUSHI2512; 1 month ago
Bangor Uni
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by KHUSHI2512)
Hi,
i'm thinking about my offer for MSc Data Science in Bangor University- Can someone please give me some insight about the university and the computer science department of the uni?

I am fairly clueless about it so any info about the city would help too. is the night life good? is it boring?

Hi there,

Congratulations on receiving an offer to study with us at Bangor University!

Bangor is a smaller city however because of this everything is within walking distance. We have around 10,000 students and Bangor is very much a student city, the University has buildings all over so you'll definitely feel part of the student community. People often choose to study at Bangor because it's a very friendly place and a relatively cheap place to live - and of course because of the surroundings!
Here are a few links on our website which will tell you a little more about the place:
https://www.bangor.ac.uk/student-life/bangor-and-area
https://www.bangor.ac.uk/student-life/social
https://www.bangor.ac.uk/student-life

With regards to the Computer Science Department, they have fantastic facilities and very strong postgraduate programmes. You can chat with some of our current staff and students over on our Unibuddy platform: https://www.bangor.ac.uk/student-life/unibuddy

Please let me know if I can help with anything else at all or answer any other questions
Anna
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by KHUSHI2512)
Hi,

Why are you doing an MSc in Data Science? You don't really need a postgraduate qualification to break into this. Assuming you already have a relevant BA/BSc (Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics) then you can just apply for Jr DS roles immediately.
KHUSHI2512
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Blue_Cow)
Why are you doing an MSc in Data Science? You don't really need a postgraduate qualification to break into this. Assuming you already have a relevant BA/BSc (Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics) then you can just apply for Jr DS roles immediately.
I'm already working as a data analyst, you need to work years before you can get a high paying senior profile as a ds. A postgrad is valued more than an undergrad for such roles. I dont need to break into this, i need to get better qualified at this. Exp + Postgrad = better job , quicker climb
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (39)
32.23%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (55)
45.45%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (26)
21.49%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.83%

Watched Threads