Doraxx
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hi everyone, so i just recieved my aqa extended project certificate stating that i got a grade D, however i was predicted an A by my teacher and epq is internally assessed so i dont know what went wrong because she cant predict me an A and then award me a D afterwards. i havent spoken to anyone else who did epq as well so maybe ill speak to them but any advice?? do i go confront my teacher as i was really confident in my essay and my presentation so i dont know where i went wrong. also, would this grade show up on my results day sheet?
evied1
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
when did you submit? that really odd that there’s so much difference between your teachers grade and the moderation, however if the exam board has decided it’s a D there’s nothing that the teacher can do now, it’s definitely not fair on you though and shows that she’s an awful moderater. It could be a mistake? especially if you were confident in your essay as i’ve read some pretty bad EPQ’s that were still C’s/B’s so it could be worth sending it for a re-mark
Doraxx
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
i submitted in october which is when we had our final presentation and yeah ill see if i can request a remark as it is really upsetting
Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Doraxx)
hi everyone, so i just recieved my aqa extended project certificate stating that i got a grade D, however i was predicted an A by my teacher and epq is internally assessed so i dont know what went wrong because she cant predict me an A and then award me a D afterwards. i havent spoken to anyone else who did epq as well so maybe ill speak to them but any advice?? do i go confront my teacher as i was really confident in my essay and my presentation so i dont know where i went wrong. also, would this grade show up on my results day sheet?
Hi there,
This sounds really frustrating! It might be useful to arrange a meeting with your teacher to discuss your EPQ and bring up any concerns you have about your grade. There might have been a simple mistake made somewhere along the way which the grading or such like. And yes, your EPQ grade does show up on your results day sheet.

Hope you get this sorted,

Eleanor
-Student Ambassador
nedflanders123
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
If you submitted it in October then does this mean the grade you received was from the exam board?

When I was in Sixthform the year above me got really poor marks on EPQ, everyone had their grades moderated down. This was because not enough attention was given to the booklet/log that you had to complete alongside the project.

You could have done a really good essay and a really good presentation but ultimately the log is just as important in getting a good grade.

The teacher who ran EPQ at my Sixthform did not realise it was important so the highest grade anyone got was a C. So when my year group did their EPQ much more attention was given to the log.

If these results are the final ones given by the exam board then I suspect this is what happened.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (23)
33.33%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (31)
44.93%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (14)
20.29%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.45%

Watched Threads