The Student Room Group

Business electric UK

Hi so iv started a small business which heavily replies on electric. The issue is with the new Uk electric rates the profits have massively dropped to a point where it’s barely running.

I enquired about business electric and looking at the charges with the current usage, business electric in terms of rates is less than half what i’m paying now making it profitable again. When I called the electric company the guy just said it’s not worth, didn’t give no reasons and said stick to your current tariff. He didn’t want to tell me why it’s more expensive etc, but to me it sounded like he didn’t want to do the admit and fobbed me off. The company in using is pretty rubbish and I can’t change so if I called them it will be an hour a half wait to speak to someone.

Anyone know anything about business electric UK?
What sort of business out of interest? Crypto mining? Cannabis farm?
Original post by G_Singh145
Hi so iv started a small business which heavily replies on electric. The issue is with the new Uk electric rates the profits have massively dropped to a point where it’s barely running.

I enquired about business electric and looking at the charges with the current usage, business electric in terms of rates is less than half what i’m paying now making it profitable again. When I called the electric company the guy just said it’s not worth, didn’t give no reasons and said stick to your current tariff. He didn’t want to tell me why it’s more expensive etc, but to me it sounded like he didn’t want to do the admit and fobbed me off. The company in using is pretty rubbish and I can’t change so if I called them it will be an hour a half wait to speak to someone.

Anyone know anything about business electric UK?

This is a forum aimed at students, so I suspect there's limited experience here of anything other than normal domestic tariffs.

That said, one of the things I've seen in the news is how some residential environments are not treated as domestic properties, and hence are having to pay much higher electricity charges simply because the price cap doesn't apply to them. That implies that the amount businesses are paying for electricity is higher than what domestic customers are charged.

If you're currently on a business contract for electricity make sure you know how much you'll need to pay to break that contract and move to a new supplier (or tariff). In any case, shop around and get quotes from different suppliers.

Quick Reply

Latest