Accommodation guarantee for second/third years?

Watch this thread
penguingirl18
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Are international students guaranteed accommodation for second and third year? An international accommodation guarantee is mentioned in passing on the website, but I can't find anywhere where it's discussed specifically.
Thank you in advance!
TriplexA
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by penguingirl18)
Are international students guaranteed accommodation for second and third year? An international accommodation guarantee is mentioned in passing on the website, but I can't find anywhere where it's discussed specifically.
Thank you in advance!
Hi PG.

I'll tag artful_lounger who may be able to help

I do, however, suspect that it may vary between different unis.
Last edited by TriplexA; 1 month ago
penguingirl18
Rep:
(Original post by TriplexA)
Hi PG.

I'll tag artful_lounger and asif007 who may be able to help

Hi TriplexA.

Thanks. I meant the University of York - I think I posted this in their subforum, but I guess I should have specified.
TriplexA
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi TriplexA.

Thanks. I meant the University of York - I think I posted this in their subforum, but I guess I should have specified.
I think it'd be best to contact (call) the uni accommodation team/manager if you're able to, so you can get a more certain response.

If you don't have any contact details I think the admissions team would be happy to help you contact them by providing contact details.

Hope this helps and makes sense
Last edited by TriplexA; 1 month ago
penguingirl18
Rep:
I think it'd be best to contact (call) the uni accommodation team/manager if you're able to, so you can get a more certain response.

If you don't have any contact details I think the admissions team would be happy to help you contact them by providing contact details.

Hope this helps and makes sense
It does. I'll contact the accommodation team then.
Admit-One
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Unfortunately this is not one that I can answer, but agree that York’s accommodation team are the best people to contact.
artful_lounger
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi PG.

I'll tag artful_lounger who may be able to help

Thanks for the tag

Thank you in advance!
It'll depend on the uni. Usually accommodation is only guaranteed for first year, but unis often try to prioritise any leftover spaces for international students, students with disabilities, and sometimes mature students.

I agree that you should get in touch with York to find out what the nature of this guarantee is.

On the plus side, even if you have to live in the city after first year, it's not as expensive as somewhere like London!
University of York
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Thank you in advance!
Hi,

If you drop a message to [email protected] they should be able to give you an answer
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (23)
33.33%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (31)
44.93%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (14)
20.29%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.45%

Watched Threads