The Student Room Group

Failing my work probation

so i have a feeling im not going to pass my work probation. I'm at the one month meeting this week, and probation is 3 months. I have a gut feeling and also based on things like being ignored at work/not greeted by most people, my boss acting like they aren't interested in me. I'm trying my best but I've had personal things going on which left me burnt out and exhausted. I'm also depressed. but, i still showed up 30 mins-1 hour early to spend extra time familiarising myself, and stayed at least 30 mins afterward with colleagues who did actually have work to do even if i didnt.but physically I'm burned out.

I did the 'bad' thing and had 4 days off in my first month. but it was a pre-booked short course i told HR about before i joined. not a holiday. i also had a day off for a family funeral. I've tried my best but feel like from the outside it looks bad. i don't know what to do? what are the signs I'm going to be fired?
Heya

Perhaps you need to find another and much better position. I recommend start looking before you are suddenly dismissed from there against your will. Use this situation to your advantage as much as possible. See if you can find a part time local job that pays well and that you really do love too.
Your free town newspaper may advertise a limited number of careers or you can do a quick search online. Buff up your entire resume and also focus on your personal key skills and qualities. Borrow or buy a cheap useful career reading resource or two from a local library or bookshop to read at home at your leisure. But you can also happily find much information online at your disposal worth reading as well.
Original post by Anonymous
so i have a feeling im not going to pass my work probation. I'm at the one month meeting this week, and probation is 3 months. I have a gut feeling and also based on things like being ignored at work/not greeted by most people, my boss acting like they aren't interested in me. I'm trying my best but I've had personal things going on which left me burnt out and exhausted. I'm also depressed. but, i still showed up 30 mins-1 hour early to spend extra time familiarising myself, and stayed at least 30 mins afterward with colleagues who did actually have work to do even if i didnt.but physically I'm burned out.

I did the 'bad' thing and had 4 days off in my first month. but it was a pre-booked short course i told HR about before i joined. not a holiday. i also had a day off for a family funeral. I've tried my best but feel like from the outside it looks bad. i don't know what to do? what are the signs I'm going to be fired?

There's nothing wrong with anything you said there and nothing that indicates you are going to fail your probation. Listen in the next meeting for explicit phrases like 'this needs to improve', ' we need to get you doing X before the end of your probation period' or any discussion about extending probation. They are indicators that your probation period isn't on track. None of anything else you've described isn't just normal work and about your non-work emotional context.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending