The Student Room Group

How do I get the opportunity to go to a party

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ran-dumb
Oh I thought you were at uni. Yeah sixth form is really bad for that, only a small group here and there will have the resources to throw one, and its really down to luck if you happen to know them. I don't think there's anything wrong with going to uni thinking of the social life, why doesn't want to have fun? I guess you'll have to think if you're happy to pay for that, and how you'll manage the course

idk what course id even do lol
Expand your friendship circle.

My school friends and even undergrad friends were never the type of host parties or anything like that.
It wasn't until I started speaking to different people, I got to know them and was invited to various things.
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
Expand your friendship circle.

My school friends and even undergrad friends were never the type of host parties or anything like that.
It wasn't until I started speaking to different people, I got to know them and was invited to various things.

ive been trying that throughout year 13, I have absolutely zero skills to speak to people naturally, let alone have them actually want to speak to me for once. theres just nothing relatable with me i guess
Reply 23
just curious but when do you turn 18?
Just gatecrash the party, who's arsed?
Original post by evied1
just curious but when do you turn 18?

July 12th, not too long to go now woo
Original post by Leslie Knope
Just gatecrash the party, who's arsed?

idk where parties are lol
Original post by Anonymous
Idk if I even want to go to uni lol, i don't know myself well enough to find a subject I'm passionate about or enjoy. The only thing I see for me in Uni is the social life which isn't a good viewpoint to have so I've screwed myself with no ambition haha

Wages are pretty flat these days in my opinion so most grads earn about the same as school leavers if that. Society is awash with grads so I wouldn't worry I don't reckon you're losing out on anything by not going. My personal opinion as an older guy is that it's best to aim for getting money in, time over again I would get a job, forgo uni and earn, earn, earn, then use that money to improve my life, a nice car that will impress the women, investments to get more money, a house, a business even. Those are the things women value, that a guy is earning well and is wealthy.

I think with parties it's a case that people have to really identify with you for you to be in the frame to be the invited. Social background can come into play, social skills of course but also how you dress, if you dress like they do, similar brands etc then they will more likely identify with you. However, if you are introvert or quiet, shy even then they may not see you as on the same wavelength if they are quite outgoing.

I would say that apart from the 'in crowd' who tend to be rather particular who hangs out with them you might like to consider other alternatives. Some people's parties can be around others with other interests such as themselves. Take for example the skateboarding crowd, they tend to be around your age group and likely to be less fussy to get with as they tend to be the more laid back accepting type. So if you were to do your research online, get a skateboard, get the grungy gear they wear (think beanie type hats, loose funky garments, etc) practice a fair bit utilising You Tube then head down to a nearby skate park and roll around a bit and hang out odds are you'll get chatting to them after a bit. At some point they'll feel familiar with you enough that they won't mind you hanging out with them at at some point down the way probably a party and there you go :wink:

I think that is probably a better avenue than trying to get to hanging with the 'in crowd' as trying to do so might not go well. If they thought you were their type they would have asked you to a party by now in my opinion. If you're not that type trying to be I doubt will help much.
Idk if I even want to go to uni lol, i don't know myself well enough to find a subject I'm passionate about or enjoy. The only thing I see for me in Uni is the social life which isn't a good viewpoint to have so I've screwed myself with no ambition haha

you can still go out to parties even though u arenta uni student
go out anyway youll meet people that might invite you out to parties, so long as youre fun theyll invite you dw :biggrin:
you can still go out to parties even though u arenta uni student
go out anyway youll meet people that might invite you out to parties, so long as youre fun theyll invite you dw :biggrin:

That's what I'm trying to figure out haha, how do I meet people if I'm not going to a school anymore? I'm not exactly a concert person
I'm 17 rn so that's not possible

If you're going to uni and living in halls there'l be parties every week.
Original post by Chicken.M.
If you're going to uni and living in halls there'l be parties every week.

I want to go to university but i don't believe that i am capable of it, not only do i reckon that i will not put the work in prior to the last minute, but i also don't know what i want to do

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending