Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    waxing is so much better, you can do it with longer intervals...

ReputationRep:
    tell me about it.

Like when I signed that promise to my parents when I was 12 that I would never drink, smoke or get a boyfriend.

Well... I don't smoke. However, I may set something on fire soon, if I can find where they keep it in between showing my friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by platinumki)
    Like when I signed that promise to my parents when I was 12 that I would never drink, smoke or get a boyfriend.

Was this sincere or forced..?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PublicSchoolAnn)
    but that was spanish! Quiksilver es un burro!
    No, ¡es un burrito!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by platinumki)

All my friends seemed very disappointed in me when, at a chum's 18th, I was discovered (through the revealing nature of LBD) to have shaved my pits after years of NO, I AM NOT A BARBIE, I AM A FREE, HAPPY CAVEWOMAN WHO WILL LIVE WITH SHEEP AND MAKE THEM BETTER speeches. They all seemed to think I had betrayed them and wouldn't buy me any drink, refused to dance, mooned the birthday girl's grannie, ate ALL the buffet, got pissed themselves and then danced round my dad's car when he came to pick me up singing Britney numbers. That could all be unrelated, however.... :aetsch:
    Ah that's hilarious Good for you on the not wanting to be pressured into shaving your legs.. I hate barbies, they have ridiculous proportions anyway.

I do shave my legs, and I enjoy doing it, and I like the way they feel afterwards.. and I like exfoliating things and moisturisers too Bit like washing my hair really.. it's just a bit of luxury time looking after yourself. But if it's not your cup of tea - don't do it!

Now... what about men and chest hair? Should they keep bare? :p: Only joking, I don't think I really want to know..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley...)
    Was this sincere or forced..?
    I was up for it.

Weird kid :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spin)
    Now... what about men and chest hair? Should they keep bare? :p: Only joking, I don't think I really want to know..
    What about nipple hairs? There are photos of me measuring mine the other night (4.5cm was the longest I found, if you're interested!)

ReputationRep:
    ive never shaved my legs. luckily im a man
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by lessthanthree)
    How can you *enjoy* shaving legs? Mrah...it's got the be one of the most mundane things in the world.

[okay, I think I sound like a hairy-legged, carrot crunching lesbofeminazi] *shuts up*
    Get an epilator! It's fun then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PublicSchoolAnn)
    but that was spanish! Quiksilver es un burro!
    but it's french too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Future)
    Wax wax wax. Shaving is just...yuck.
    *trying very hard not to comment*

*grin*

Edit: I think that counts as a comment.. so I failed..

ReputationRep:
    but waxing/ epilating is pure pain- especially if you have a low pain threshold.. or is it high? whichever- basically i am a wuss and cry if i fall over!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izzy_hattie)
    but waxing/ epilating is pure pain- especially if you have a low pain threshold.. or is it high? whichever- basically i am a wuss and cry if i fall over!
    Then condition yourself to enjoy it

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/1694109.stm

I'm not being serious by the way I think revision is getting to me.

If you don't care about it (and your boyfriend doesn't care about it, if you have one, or girlfriend, don't want to be non-PC) it's not an issue really, as far as I can see..

I have a moderately high pain threshold, so it's not a problem for me.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    My epilator is like a massage

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juno_the)
    My epilator is like a massage
    are you crazy!?!? its like a thousand tweezers having a field day and going at 100 mph... !!! :eek:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    are you crazy!?!? its like a thousand tweezers having a field day and going at 100 mph... !!! :eek:
    It's not! An d it comes with 90 day money bacjk guarantee
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by lessthanthree)
    who repped me for being cute?

<3
    That was me. Sorry

ReputationRep:
    It's not! An d it comes with 90 day money bacjk guarantee
    and that just takes the pain away does it?! well i suppose it takes away the bank account pain! are you the kind of person that enjoys injections? :eek:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    and that just takes the pain away does it?! well i suppose it takes away the bank account pain! are you the kind of person that enjoys injections? :eek:
    Injections don't hurt!

ReputationRep:
    Injections don't hurt!
    omigod are you kidding?!?!
    wow... you must be strong

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 25, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.