Struggling with revision/exams? AMA- I got all 9s at GCSE and A*A*A* Alevel

Watch this thread
Sh0ts1
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
Hi everyone, exams season can be stressful but I am looking to help as best as I can as I know how much a little help can do for someone. About me - I am an ex Warwick Law student who dropped out after 2 terms and reapplied subsequently receiving an offer to study BSc Economics (L100) at warwick. I achieved al 9s at GCSE and A*A*A* at alevel, if you have any questions about exams, law, economics, or life at warwick/ucas admissions as a whole, feel free to message me or reply to this. Hope to help however I can!

Nina898
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 days ago
Hi, I have just one month until a levels start and would like to achieve A*A*A* in maths bio and chem, my expectation of myself puts me under a bit of pressure. What tips would you have to comfortably do this
username54
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 days ago
Hello, At A level, how do you memorise content
H4ttie03
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 3 days ago
Why did you drop out of warwick Law just wondering?
_Robyn_
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Sh0ts1)
Hi everyone, exams season can be stressful but I am looking to help as best as I can as I know how much a little help can do for someone. About me - I am an ex Warwick Law student who dropped out after 2 terms and reapplied subsequently receiving an offer to study BSc Economics (L100) at warwick. I achieved al 9s at GCSE and A*A*A* at alevel, if you have any questions about exams, law, economics, or life at warwick/ucas admissions as a whole, feel free to message me or reply to this. Hope to help however I can!
What GCSEs did you take?
thegeek888
Rep:
Report 3 days ago
Do you want to go into Investment Banking?
Sh0ts1
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by _Robyn_)
What GCSEs did you take?
math
phy
chem
bio
eng lit
eng lang
history
computer science
german
graphic design
mystudentlife
Rep:
Report 3 days ago
What alevels did u take?
Bk4753
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 3 days ago
What year did you sit the A-Levels
Last edited by Bk4753; 3 days ago
mystudentlife
Rep:
Report 3 days ago
How did u cope w exam stress?? And lack of motivation?? I’m stressed and overthinking which makes me stop working as I start thinking about life
Rai258
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 day ago
do you think its possible to get A* in chemistry a level with one months worth of revision
Sh0ts1
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 day ago
(Original post by mystudentlife)
What alevels did u take?
maths physics economics!
Sh0ts1
Rep:
(Original post by Bk4753)
What year did you sit the A-Levels
2021 , so they were TAG assessed!
Sh0ts1
Rep:
(Original post by mystudentlife)
How did u cope w exam stress?? And lack of motivation?? I’m stressed and overthinking which makes me stop working as I start thinking about life
(Original post by Nina898)
Hi, I have just one month until a levels start and would like to achieve A*A*A* in maths bio and chem, my expectation of myself puts me under a bit of pressure. What tips would you have to comfortably do this
In terms of dealing with exam stress, for me I had one main outlet - gym.
I cannot put into words just how useful gym was and is to me as an outlet. I am a strong advocate for physical exercise, I myself use the gym intensely as a regular weightlifter training for strength, however, for exam stress even "low level" gym is still useful. I would recommend picking up cardio, such as bikes or running, or more favorably some weight/callisthenic movements!! Aside from gym, regular walks with friends helped me too. I have a dog and friends who live near by so we would go out daily for walks with him and these were a good chance to destress and unwind. Aside from gym/exercise/walking, pick up a TV show! I finished white collar and prison break during GCSEs and then Power, Bodyguard, Top Boy, and youtube series during A-levels.

Honestly, lack of motivation for me was also a struggle which is why most of my revision were in the last few weeks before exams. But to keep myself ticking over in the longer run-up, I just kept thinking about where i want to be in life, who i want to be, and how i can get there. I kept telling myself if i want to be earning 60k at 23 as an IB or corporate lawyer, sitting around doing nothing and failing Alevels wont get me there!
Sh0ts1
Rep:
(Original post by thegeek888)
Do you want to go into Investment Banking?
yep, either that or corporate law
Sh0ts1
Rep:
(Original post by Rai258)
do you think its possible to get A* in chemistry a level with one months worth of revision
yep, just do alot of past papers and sleep well the night before, eat well in the morning and control your breathing just before the exam
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (91)
43.54%
Not yet, but I will soon (30)
14.35%
No (88)
42.11%

Watched Threads