revision first year psychology

Watch this thread
j.bulan
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
can anyone give me tips or websites on how to revise for bio psych? im in my first year of doing my psychology degree and i have an exam for biological psych & honestly im overwhelmed with the brain. its just so much information
IronWoman2002
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Maybe check out past papers
HWU StudentRep 1
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by j.bulan)
can anyone give me tips or websites on how to revise for bio psych? im in my first year of doing my psychology degree and i have an exam for biological psych & honestly im overwhelmed with the brain. its just so much information
Hi! I study Psychology at Heriot-Watt, and I completely understand how overwhelming the biological aspects of psychology can be. For myself, I found that breaking things down really helped:
I colour coded brain areas with functions and my notes, as giving different brain areas different colours really work for me.
I also worked on the areas/things I found hardest or most complicated so I tackled the harder things when most motivated.

If you are looking for revision that you can listen to for reminders/refreshing your memory on topics, the YouTube channel 'CrashCourse' is my personal favourite as they do (as it says in the title!) crash courses in different topics, i.e. chemical changes in the brain, cognitive psych, biological psych, etc. so there's lots available there to watch/listen to, which I personally found really helpful.

I hope that helps! Best of luck

Claire
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (39)
32.23%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (55)
45.45%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (26)
21.49%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.83%

Watched Threads