Why do you want a degree in Law?

The number one reason I've heard people choose it is:
1. Money
Then the second reason is:
2. It is a flexible degree
my impression is that also a lot of students going into it think it's:
a) a vocational degree
b) prestigious
c) they 'love debating' and have this vision that that's you do in law school cuz they've seen it in the movies
d) they want to 'fight for human rights'
e) they want to be Harvey Specter
Original post by Genesiss
my impression is that also a lot of students going into it think it's:
a) a vocational degree
b) prestigious
c) they 'love debating' and have this vision that that's you do in law school cuz they've seen it in the movies
d) they want to 'fight for human rights'
e) they want to be Harvey Specter

yeah some people choose it because they can to say to their social circle "i do a law at uni" even though the subject they are probably actually interested in is probably Media Studies.
Original post by McDonaldsEmploy
yeah some people choose it because they can to say to their social circle "i do a law at uni" even though the subject they are probably actually interested in is probably Media Studies.

Guilty.

How can anyone even be interested in law tho, like we aren’t exposed to it like we are politics.
And it’s only taught at a level, not something like science and history that we’ve been exposed to all through our education.
Ha ha, I’m laughing because I read the ‘Secret Barrister’ and they said that most people who want to be barristers (as opposed to solicitors), give the spiel about wanting to help people, fight for human rights etc, when in fact really they just want to stand up and hear their own voice - a cry for attention and the desperate need to be centre stage. Thought that was funny!
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest