Accommodation at UoY

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I have accepted my offer for MSc Accounting and Financial Management at the University of York. Now I am a little worried about the on campus accommodation. I have applied for on campus accommodation but also looking for some cheaper off campus options near Campus West. Any suggestions?
University of York
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi, I have accepted my offer for MSc Accounting and Financial Management at the University of York. Now I am a little worried about the on campus accommodation. I have applied for on campus accommodation but also looking for some cheaper off campus options near Campus West. Any suggestions?
Hi,

You could look for a room in a student house by joining a Facebook group like this one. You could also look at some student letting websites like Adam Bennett, IG Property or Sinclair Properties. There are student houses near Campus West, so hopefully you will be able to find some options! There are student flats nearer the city, but they tend to be quite expensive.

Hope this helps,

Hazel
JOSH4598
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I would say definitely go into halls for first year if you can - it's a much better experience to ease you into uni life. There will also be very little private accommodation available now (unless a spare room comes up in a shared house) and the price difference is negligible. You'll be paying for 40 weeks or 44 in most first year lets, whereas off-campus it's 52 week lets so work out the total cost rather than weekly figure.
Bongo Bongo
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Halifax College (which is part of the university) has some good postgraduate houses.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (26)
28.26%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (31)
33.7%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (8)
8.7%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
3.26%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (5)
5.43%
I’m starting to consider my university options (13)
14.13%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (4)
4.35%
I’m not planning on going to university (2)
2.17%

Watched Threads