The Student Room Group

Should have applied for Higher Maintenance Loan

My niece has submitted her student loan finance application without applying for a higher maintenance loan. Her parents are recently separated and in the process of divorcing and she now lives with, and is supported by, her Mum only who's earnings mean she should apply for a loan above the minimum amount.
Can she log back into her student loan account to make corrections and prompt the system to send a request for financial information to her Mum?
What evidence of her Mum's income will be required? A P60 for 2020-21 for her Uni entry in Oct 2022?
What evidence of her Mum's marital status will be needed, given the divorce paperwork is on-going and her parents are now running separate households? Will that need a Solicitor's letter to confirm their situation, or something else?
Thank you.
Original post by Mummy A
My niece has submitted her student loan finance application without applying for a higher maintenance loan. Her parents are recently separated and in the process of divorcing and she now lives with, and is supported by, her Mum only who's earnings mean she should apply for a loan above the minimum amount.
Can she log back into her student loan account to make corrections and prompt the system to send a request for financial information to her Mum?
What evidence of her Mum's income will be required? A P60 for 2020-21 for her Uni entry in Oct 2022?
What evidence of her Mum's marital status will be needed, given the divorce paperwork is on-going and her parents are now running separate households? Will that need a Solicitor's letter to confirm their situation, or something else?
Thank you.

Hi There,

If your niece hasn’t asked to be assessed using the household income then we’ll need her to complete the form requesting to be income assessed and her mother will need to complete the PFF2 form with their income details. You can find both forms you’ll need to complete online here: http://ow.ly/6OBK30oMOqB

We’ll need evidence of her mother’s marital status; as she’s separated we can accept the following evidence:

- Decree Nisi or a Conditional Order
- Civil Partnership Conditional Order
- Solicitors letter that confirms current marital status
- A Signed Affidavit
- Statutory declaration
- Council tax bill with an acceptable discount such as single occupancy

Thanks, Erin N.
Reply 2
The document says that my niece needs to send a paper form (because she made a mistake in the online application and now realises she can apply for a larger than minimum loan) before sending a PFF2 form. Am I reading this too literally, or can they complete both forms and send them in the same envelope at the same time? Thank you - everything else in your reply is clear.
Original post by Mummy A
The document says that my niece needs to send a paper form (because she made a mistake in the online application and now realises she can apply for a larger than minimum loan) before sending a PFF2 form. Am I reading this too literally, or can they complete both forms and send them in the same envelope at the same time? Thank you - everything else in your reply is clear.

Hi there,

Both forms can be returned together in the same envelope.

Thanks, Angela.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending