Nursing entry requirements

Watch this thread
Lillianbrown96
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm wanting to apply for adult nursing at scottish universties but dont have national 5 maths. I've been told if I have the hnc care and admin it wont matter if I have a level 4 in maths? Can anyone tell me if that's true? I also have two highers (modern studies at and psychology) and lots of care experience
Tracey_W
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lillianbrown96)
I'm wanting to apply for adult nursing at scottish universties but dont have national 5 maths. I've been told if I have the hnc care and admin it wont matter if I have a level 4 in maths? Can anyone tell me if that's true? I also have two highers (modern studies at and psychology) and lots of care experience
What university do you want to go to is the question that you not said except only want to do it at a Scottish university....

Each university has there own entry requirements for nursing so I would suggest that you research the university that you are wanting to go to for nursing in Scotland and perhaps call them for more information.

Year 1 entry – Four-year honours for Scottish universities that offers this course.
SQA Highers.
GCE A-levels.
IB Diploma.
BTEC.
Essential subjects. Mathematics National 5 (C), Intermediate 2 (C), Standard Grade (3), GCSE (C/4) or equivalent required.
Preferred subjects. Preference will be given to those with a Science or Health Care background.
Widening access students.

Entry requirements for nursing at Glasgow university

Entry requirements
Qualification requirements
A level - ABB - BBB
Additional requirements: two A-Levels from Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Mathematics. GCSE English, Chemistry and Mathematics at Grade B or 5. Interview.
Scottish Higher - AABBB
Additional requirements: two Highers from Chemistry, Biology/Human Biology, Physics, Mathematics. National 5 Mathematics, Chemistry, English at Grade B. Interview.

=================================================

Entry requirements for nursing at Robert Gordon university (Aberdeen)

Entry requirements
Qualification requirements
UCAS Tariff - Not accepted
A level - CC
A-Level English and a Science subject are recommended. English, Maths and a Science subject are required at GCSE grade 5 or above if not held at A-Level.
Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016) - MPP
Maths, English and a Science subject are required at GCSE grade 5.
Access to HE Diploma - M: 45 credits P: 15 credits
Pass with 60 credits to include at least 45 level 3 credit Merit. English, Maths and a Science subject are required.
Scottish Higher - CCC
Higher English and a Science subject are recommended. English, Maths and a Science subject are required at National 5 Grade C or above if not held at Higher.
Scottish Advanced Higher
Accepted
International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme - 24 points
Leaving Certificate - Higher Level (Ireland) (first awarded in 2017) - H3, H4, H4
Scottish HNC - Pass
Entry to year 2 may be possible following completion of HNC Care and Administrative Practice from one of our partner FE colleges. Please contact the admissions office for information.
Scottish HND - Pass
Accepted
Additional entry requirements
Criminal records declaration (DBS/Disclosure Scotland)

Health checks

Interview

================================================

A NHS Scotland registered midwife.
Only had choice of 3 universities in Scotland for this particular degree course.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
26.58%
As I expected (24)
30.38%
Harder (29)
36.71%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
6.33%

Watched Threads