Application for head girl

Watch this thread
srija08
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am going to be applying to become a head girl at my school...Any tips, help, ideas or advice would be great
Many thanks
northe
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by srija08)
I am going to be applying to become a head girl at my school...Any tips, help, ideas or advice would be great
Many thanks
i was a school prefect probably around 3-4 years ago, and i'm guessing it's going to be largely dependent on your application. they're looking to see that you're willing to put in effort and can listen to the students and help make the school a better place
the head boy at my old school frequently gave speeches so i'm sure public speaking will have to be a strong suit of yours - and if not, you'll have to work on it, which can be difficult.

although in my case i didn't get to do nearly any of the 'prefectual duties', i did get a black tie rather than the red one lol
Imperviousness
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Be confident!
srija08
Rep:
(Original post by northe)
i was a school prefect probably around 3-4 years ago, and i'm guessing it's going to be largely dependent on your application. they're looking to see that you're willing to put in effort and can listen to the students and help make the school a better place
the head boy at my old school frequently gave speeches so i'm sure public speaking will have to be a strong suit of yours - and if not, you'll have to work on it, which can be difficult.

although in my case i didn't get to do nearly any of the 'prefectual duties', i did get a black tie rather than the red one lol
Oh ok...Thank you
I am currently a prefect for MFL in yeqar 10 and next year I really i wish to become the head girl so yh!
srija08
Rep:
(Original post by Imperviousness)
Be confident!
Yupp! Thank you
srija08
Rep:
Many thanks
How are you meant to write the application and what info do u need to include in it?
salosalo
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Many thanks
Haven't humble-bragged about this in years, but I was Head Girl in my primary school
I think, firstly you have to be friendly and grow connections with the people around you, they're more likely to vote you if you're someone they find approachable and reliable.
Make your speech funny and engaging - the Head Boy had a rhyme with his name in it and somehow everyone I talk to still remembers it.
Stand up for what your peers want by asking them and acting on their requests whenever possible.
And lastly, smile! You've got this, good luck!!
srija08
Rep:
(Original post by salosalo)
Haven't humble-bragged about this in years, but I was Head Girl in my primary school
I think, firstly you have to be friendly and grow connections with the people around you, they're more likely to vote you if you're someone they find approachable and reliable.
Make your speech funny and engaging - the Head Boy had a rhyme with his name in it and somehow everyone I talk to still remembers it.
Stand up for what your peers want by asking them and acting on their requests whenever possible.
And lastly, smile! You've got this, good luck!!
Thank youuu...Im not sure if people vote for head girls at our sch coz then I might not be able to be a head girl bcoz even though some of my friends and most of my teachers find me as being sweet, kind and caring, Im not that popular except for academics!!!
but Im popular for smiling all the time for sure Hahahaaa
Thank you for the advice
srija08
Rep:
also is it important to bragg abt yourself in the application letter coz I feel uncomfortable and awkward doing that! : /
salosalo
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
also is it important to bragg abt yourself in the application letter coz I feel uncomfortable and awkward doing that! : /
I wouldn't say brag, but let's be honest. There's so many good things about a person and you could spotlight any of them out really, but you need to pick your traits that fit the role.
If it makes you feel pompous then don't worry at all! When writing the speech you should consider why you think you have this trait and examples of it in practice. Like, if so and so said that they were kind because they volunteer a lot then that's not really boasting, that's just the truth lol
I think to be Head Girl you need to be productive, resilient, an active listener and a good speaker, to name a few. Have a think about it!
Reeti
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
perper a good speech and be confident...
srija08
Rep:
(Original post by Reeti)
perper a good speech and be confident...
Thanks Reeti
username5222730
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
hihi im currently serving as deputy head girl for my high school but um during the selection proccess all i can is, don't make massive promises that you know you can't keep, you gotta be genuine, and honestly the teachers never pick based off the votes (at my school anyways lol), but your top priority should be appearing as the perfect candiate to the teachers mostly rather then the students in my experience!! make your speech memorable and exciting good luck!
srija08
Rep:
(Original post by SimpKween)
hihi im currently serving as deputy head girl for my high school but um during the selection proccess all i can is, don't make massive promises that you know you can't keep, you gotta be genuine, and honestly the teachers never pick based off the votes (at my school anyways lol), but your top priority should be appearing as the perfect candiate to the teachers mostly rather then the students in my experience!! make your speech memorable and exciting good luck!
Wow! Thank you! If u still have something like ur speech or ur application letter could u pls share it for sharing ideas n stuff? That would be very helpful
username5222730
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Wow! Thank you! If u still have something like ur speech or ur application letter could u pls share it for sharing ideas n stuff? That would be very helpful
my school actually uploaded our speeches to youtube lmao, but here i will PM you my speech
srija08
Rep:
(Original post by SimpKween)
my school actually uploaded our speeches to youtube lmao, but here i will PM you my speech
thank uuu!!!
poppy2022
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Many thanks
What is the application process? Is it a written application, student vote, speech or interview process?
srija08
Rep:
(Original post by poppy2022)
What is the application process? Is it a written application, student vote, speech or interview process?
I believe just a written application at our sch at least
username5222730
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
thank uuu!!!
sent!!!
glitteryma_
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
hellooo did the person send you their speech? If not I also have mine
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (1)
50%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (1)
50%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (0)
0%

Watched Threads