Help with a contract law essay

Watch this thread
Laurazeba
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi guys, i have been set this question and i can't figure out what topics this question includes and what to talk about, can someone help?

Tony and his sister-in-law, Uma, signed a written contract for the sale of a £100,000 painting. In a phone call with Uma, Tony stated that the picture was "worth £125,000." 'I guarantee the artwork to be worth at least £125,000,' Tony scribbled on the back of the written contract at Uma's request. A stipulation*in the written contract stated that "no warranty is offered about the value of the artwork." Tony believed the painting was worth £125,000 despite making little effort to verify the information. In recent years, the artist has gone out of popularity, and the picture is now valued significantly less than £100,000.

Please advise Uma.
tinyperson
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Heya
Have a look at contract law. I’m no law expert but if someone buys something from a shop then they have a right to expect certain things. Read the sale of services and goods act and make notes. Good luck.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (39)
32.23%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (55)
45.45%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (26)
21.49%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.83%

Watched Threads