The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Official London School Of Economics Undergraduate rejection holders 2022

Official London School Of Economics Undergraduate rejects 2022

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I got rejected with 11 9's at IGCSE, also with 4A*s, 1A at A-level. Accepted by Stanford for Economics, but rejected by LSE and Shanghai University of Finance and Economics. Might take gap year because of LSE rejection. Any offer holders willing to share Personal Statement :smile:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Same rejected despite being a chinese applicant, real shame. My dad gave the school a 2.5M USD donation for their history department too
Original post by CreamPi
I got rejected with 11 9's at IGCSE, also with 4A*s, 1A at A-level. Accepted by Stanford for Economics, but rejected by LSE and Shanghai University of Finance and Economics. Might take gap year because of LSE rejection. Any offer holders willing to share Personal Statement :smile:

why arent you going stanford??
Econ reject, anyone want to share their personal statement?
Original post by certistyl
Same rejected despite being a chinese applicant, real shame. My dad gave the school a 2.5M USD donation for their history department too

I hear 3.2M USD is the average donation this year, gl next time
Hi everybody

I am very interested in LSE especially in financial math and statistics and i am studying IBDP.
But I am having a problem that my school does not offer us economic so i am worring if i will have less chance to apply if i cannot take economic in IBDP
You're having a laugh mate

Original post by CreamPi
Original post by Ilian07
You're having a laugh mate

Similar situation, rejected with 12 A*’s GCSE, 4 A* A-level
Original post by Anonymous
Similar situation, rejected with 12 A*’s GCSE, 4 A* A-level

What about Cambridge? Oxford? UCL? KCL? SOAS? RHUL? City? Goldsmiths? Bristol? Durham? Manchester? Nottingham? St. Andrews? Edinburgh?

OR

USA: Harvard, Yale, Stanford, MIT, Pennsylvania, Cornell, Columbia, Dartmouth, Brown, Princeton, Miami, Boston, Amherst, Swarthmore, UCLA, UC Berkley, USC.

There are so many other excellent universities to do your Bachelor's degree!!! :smile: LSE can be your Master's degree!!! :biggrin: lol
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by CreamPi

Stanford University is one of the most prestigious universities in the world!!! :wink:
Reply 11
are u for real? wasn’t aware that you could buy a place at lse. did ur dad ask for a refund? i would if it didn’t buy you a place!

Original post by boop11
are u for real? wasn’t aware that you could buy a place at lse. did ur dad ask for a refund? i would if it didn’t buy you a place!

worddd loool I didn't kno that either😂💀
Reply 13
Original post by CreamPi

Hi @CreamPi and @certistyl , I'm so sorry to hear about that , but could you both please share your Personal Statement as I just need it for reference purpose as I am aware that UCAS checks for plagiarism .
It would really be a great help if you could share and I assure you not share it with anyone else ( p.s - you can share through PM / or you connect with me through PM )
Original post by SJ_2
Hi @CreamPi and @certistyl , I'm so sorry to hear about that , but could you both please share your Personal Statement as I just need it for reference purpose as I am aware that UCAS checks for plagiarism .
It would really be a great help if you could share and I assure you not share it with anyone else ( p.s - you can share through PM / or you connect with me through PM )

Icl this comment is hella sus. What. You tryna copy or your already copied them cah your application will be flagged and it will notify all your universities it is only a matter of time g
Reply 15
Original post by JVorJrose
Icl this comment is hella sus. What. You tryna copy or your already copied them cah your application will be flagged and it will notify all your universities it is only a matter of time g

I can't help it if you find this comment hella sus, I genuinely needed help and someone told that ppl at TSR are very helpful ( though i doubt now), and obviously why will I copy them when I know UCAS plagiarism rules I not a stupid to waste my uni application just by copying someone when I am fully capable to write my own . Just wrote in the previous comment abt plagiarism so that they feel rest assured that their PS is not going to be misused so stop misinterpreting.
Original post by SJ_2
I can't help it if you find this comment hella sus, I genuinely needed help and someone told that ppl at TSR are very helpful ( though i doubt now), and obviously why will I copy them when I know UCAS plagiarism rules I not a stupid to waste my uni application just by copying someone when I am fully capable to write my own . Just wrote in the previous comment abt plagiarism so that they feel rest assured that their PS is not going to be misused so stop misinterpreting.

stop cattin ppl's statements lol
Reply 17
Original post by JVorJrose
stop cattin ppl's statements lol

LOL Stop being judgmental towards ppl nd stop giving your special comments when not asked for .
Rejected with 8 9s and 4A* for Econ :P, why did it have to come just a few days before the TSA. They're messing me up psychologically.

They said it was my personal statement that did it, but I think it's because I have a completely STEM profile without FM nor Econ, or at least that is what I'm going to believe to make myself feel better :P
(edited 1 year ago)
No they do not fear Oxbridge lmao, I also applied to LSE and Andrews (offer holder), and they will reject you if your PS is weak before LSE tutors prolly read it.

Quick Reply

Latest