The Student Room Group

Withdrawing UCAS Application and Clearing

Hello

So I have been rejected from my top two choices Oxford and Edinburgh, offered a course I do not want to do from Kings and have offers for Warwick and Loughborough neither I am sure about.

Anyway I am thinking of withdrawing from UCAS and reapplying next year but anyone know if by a slim chance if Edinburgh has clearing places for PPE if I can still apply even if if I withdraw from UCAS?
Reply 1
Original post by Simba2012
Hello

So I have been rejected from my top two choices Oxford and Edinburgh, offered a course I do not want to do from Kings and have offers for Warwick and Loughborough neither I am sure about.

Anyway I am thinking of withdrawing from UCAS and reapplying next year but anyone know if by a slim chance if Edinburgh has clearing places for PPE if I can still apply even if if I withdraw from UCAS?

I believe that you need to keep your UCAS 2022/23 application open (ie. don’t withdraw completely) in order to enter Clearing in the same application cycle. Sorry, I can’t answer your specific question about PPE at Edinburgh. Best of luck!
Hello

PPE at Edinburgh is showing as closed on UCAS now, so it is very unlikely that any places will appear for Clearing. You could always give them a call to check whether there is any possibility at all. What were your reservations about Warwick and Loughborough?
Reply 3
Original post by Admit-One
PPE at Edinburgh is showing as closed on UCAS now, so it is very unlikely that any places will appear for Clearing. You could always give them a call to check whether there is any possibility at all. What were your reservations about Warwick and Loughborough?

I am not sure about a campus uni. I applied back in October and have only visited since. The Warwick course is great but prefer to be in Edinburgh
I am not sure about a campus uni. I applied back in October and have only visited since. The Warwick course is great but prefer to be in Edinburgh

That's understandable, campus unis can be divisive and Edinburgh is really nice.

If that's your priority, your best bet would be to request feedback on your application and see if there is anything that you can work on if you reapply.
Hello

It is pretty certain Edinburgh wont have PPE in clearing. They have very few subjects in clearing every year and didnt enter clearing last year at all. Why dont you want Warwick or Loughborough. Have you thought of rejecting both and applying elsewhere through extra.

Even if it did have vacancies it is very unlikely they would accept someone they have already rejected. They obviously had reasons whatever they were and that wouldnt change in clearing.

In the real world you either have to take one of the offers you have, look elsewhere in extra or clearing or try again next year but there is no guarantee Edinburgh will make you an offer then.
(edited 1 year ago)
but anyone know if by a slim chance if Edinburgh has clearing places for PPE

Withdraw your application from UCAS.
If you get A*A*A* in August, phone E'burgh but chances are mega-slim even wit those grades.

Reapply next year.
If you want to have a look at clearing places then just decline your offers instead of withdrawing completely from UCAS.

Have you looked on ucas course search to see if there are any non campus courses/universities showing vacancies?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending