Casio fx-991EX - How to get out of weird i mode?

Watch this thread
kazakane
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I've been using my calculator but recently whenever I check polynomials, I get a weird i button. I've researched online and I've tried resetting my calculator but it's not working. I've checked what it is online and apparently it's complex numbers mode but I only need that for next year A level Maths?

Could someone pls help???
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by kazakane)
I've been using my calculator but recently whenever I check polynomials, I get a weird i button. I've researched online and I've tried resetting my calculator but it's not working. I've checked what it is online and apparently it's complex numbers mode but I only need that for next year A level Maths?

Press 'menu setup'. Should be the second button from the top-right, then press '1' and that should take you back to the normal calculation mode.
kazakane
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Thanks you for your reply.
I tried it however, it just keeps coming up whenever I use it for complex polynmials. Someone said it means there are no real roots, is that true?

(Original post by Blue_Cow)
Press 'menu setup'. Should be the second button from the top-right, then press '1' and that should take you back to the normal calculation mode.
RDKGames
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by kazakane)

Your calculator will solve a quadratic and display the solutions. If they have 'i' then the solutions are complex ... not real.
Last edited by RDKGames; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (23)
33.33%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (31)
44.93%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (14)
20.29%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.45%

Watched Threads