Edexcel GCSE Geography B Paper 1: 1GB0 01 - 23 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Watch this thread
Mythical Pingu
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago

Edexcel GCSE Geography B Paper 1: Global Geographical Issues 1GB0 01 - 23 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Monday 23rd May AM
Length: 1h30

Resources:
Specification

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
username5942977
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
hii guys, what do you think the test will be like?
NerdAlert83
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I didn't study guess im failing.
lknok3637282
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by dreamiix)
hii guys, what do you think the test will be like?
I dont think it will be too bad
A233m
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yh it was pretty good tbh other than 2 8 markers. Quiet a lot of maths and graph picking.
A233m
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
What did everyone say about the 8markers the coloniams and inequality and coastal flooding.
b1nary
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by A233m)
What did everyone say about the 8markers the coloniams and inequality and coastal flooding.
i just used case studies like for the coastal erosion i talked about my hurricanes and in the colonialism one i talked about india and like bihar and maharashtra
Pirameister
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
For the coastal flooding
I talked about the tropical cyclones in the US and Haiyan and talked about the impacts of coastal flooding on first then impacts of wind speeds

For colonialism
I talked about Chiin’s neo colonialism on Africa and UK’s colonialism in the past benefits
Then negatives in the second paragraph
lavabarf
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
What was the 8 marker for section c ,it was about a country or megacity ?
kitten2005
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi, for the question "For an emerging country, explain how advanced communication improved its economic development" (3 marks), I mentioned as follows:
In india advanced communication such as technology for example phones etc meant that people could communicate with distance relatives through video call and phones which resulted in social wellbeing and better health of the population means that more able to work especially young people so increases gdp improving economic development

Does that sound right? Will I get any marks for this?
b1nary
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by kitten2005)
Hi, for the question "For an emerging country, explain how advanced communication improved its economic development" (3 marks), I mentioned as follows:
In india advanced communication such as technology for example phones etc meant that people could communicate with distance relatives through video call and phones which resulted in social wellbeing and better health of the population means that more able to work especially young people so increases gdp improving economic development

idk but i talked about TNCs being able to co-locate to India and allowing for FDI by outsourcing leading to economic development as it brings jobs and infrastructure
dave8163
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Pirameister)
For the coastal flooding
I talked about the tropical cyclones in the US and Haiyan and talked about the impacts of coastal flooding on first then impacts of wind speeds

For colonialism
I talked about Chiin’s neo colonialism on Africa and UK’s colonialism in the past benefits
Then negatives in the second paragraph
were we supposed to write about positives? because the question was how colonialism and neo colonialism increase global inequalities historically, and there aren’t positives to that
lavabarf
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Can someone respond my question pls
Ray1kay
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by kitten2005)

Maybe you'll get some marks for it, I talked about BRICS and G20, I don't know if that's right though
Pirameister
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by dave8163)
were we supposed to write about positives? because the question was how colonialism and neo colonialism increase global inequalities historically, and there aren’t positives to that
It was an assess question and neo colonialism and colonialism has had positives on Africa as well . Colonialism mainly only negatives but neo colonialism has many positives
Pirameister
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lavabarf)
What was the 8 marker for section c ,it was about a country or megacity ?
Megacity
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (56)
26.17%
As I expected (68)
31.78%
Harder (82)
38.32%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.74%

Watched Threads