Help! Is it possible to get to a grade 8 in biology in a week??

Watch this thread
YUHH-.-
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
i need to know if its possible to get from a grade 5 to grade 8 in bio, im averaging 6/7/8 around all grades. And im willing to work as hard as i can because i need this grade. IS IT POSSIBLE THOO
crustylife
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by YUHH-.-)
i need to know if its possible to get from a grade 5 to grade 8 in bio, im averaging 6/7/8 around all grades. And im willing to work as hard as i can because i need this grade. IS IT POSSIBLE THOO
yes tbh it is
just find a notepack for all topics (or use cgp book) and memorise it, and do the qs at the bottom of each page if it's the cgp book. then do at least 5 past papers per component (e.g 5 past papers for paper 1 etc...), marking each one carefully straight after you do it. learn the bullet point versions of answers you need to make from the mark schemes. it's ok to bullet point in the actual exam for long answer qs, including on experiment techniques. just make every answer as CLEAR and LOGICAL as possible and include the right KEY WORDS (which you will know from the CGP book and going through the mark schemes).

the same qs come up again and again year after year so going through many past papers is crucial.

if you're really motivated you will be able to finish the CGP book in 8 hours and do 6 past papers for one component of the GCSE in 5 hours. So should take 8 + 5x3 (=23) hours overall

good luck!
Last edited by crustylife; 1 month ago
glodigit
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
All I can recommend is good amount of sleep, some general idea of topics in the exam (even including ones you might be confident in) and revising in slow motion. I can only speak for myself, but trying to rush and cram means that the only thing I remember is "that time I rush 'n' crammed". Also, try and find as many videos and articles as you need to, as you may just need to see a topic taught from a different angle to understand it.
YUHH-.-
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
lmao thanks i will try to incorporate your advice into my paper 2
06dasein
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yes! I went from 3s and 4s and got an 8 in my GCSE with three days of revision. Granted, I was sitting them early so I didn't have the stress of having like a dozen exams at once, but I think it's possible in a week. My holy grail was the blurt method. By the end of it I had a single page of 'trigger words', acronyms and equations to look over an hour before the exam. I used the last 10 minutes before the exam to relax
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (39)
32.23%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (55)
45.45%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (26)
21.49%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.83%

Watched Threads