A Level Psychology AQA 2022

Watch this thread
fairyri
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi Guys,

Does anyone have a specific structure for how to include AO3 in the 16 markers that include A02? We have our Paper 1 exam soon and I have no idea how to include A03 within application questions.

Here's an example of the questions I struggle to include A03 in:

It is the end of the school day and Freddie is pushing other students in the bus queue.
“Stop it, will you?” protests one of Freddie’s classmates.
“You can’t tell me what to do!” laughs Freddie.
At that moment, Freddie turns to see the deputy head, wearing a high-visibility jacket,
staring angrily at him. Without thinking, Freddie stops pushing the other boys and waits
quietly in line.
Discuss the legitimacy of authority and agentic state explanations of obedience.
Refer to Freddie’s behaviour in your answer.

If anyone has any advice on including AO3 (evaluations) in these questions please do tell!! Thanks
anon25x
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by fairyri)
Hi Guys,

Does anyone have a specific structure for how to include AO3 in the 16 markers that include A02? We have our Paper 1 exam soon and I have no idea how to include A03 within application questions.

It is the end of the school day and Freddie is pushing other students in the bus queue.
At that moment, Freddie turns to see the deputy head, wearing a high-visibility jacket,
staring angrily at him. Without thinking, Freddie stops pushing the other boys and waits
quietly in line.
Discuss the legitimacy of authority and agentic state explanations of obedience.

If anyone has any advice on including AO3 (evaluations) in these questions please do tell!! Thanks
Hi I have my exam too in around a week.
Application 16 markers usually have around the marks split like this :AO1; 6, AO2; 4, AO3; 6
I'd personally apply each piece of psychology theory to the story and then add around 3/4 evaluation points x
Food!!
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by fairyri)
Hi Guys,

quietly in line.

so i normally include AO1 and AO2 together and AO3 would be the evaluation of the AO1
you should do minimum of 4 eval points
newgoose
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
The way that I include it is by ending the evaluation paragraph with 'This supports the explanation for Freddie's selective obedience'. Depending on the stem question, it is easier to integrate it;

Two mothers at the toddler and parent group are chatting.
“I always felt sorry for my husband when Millie was a baby. He used to say his bond with
Millie was not as strong as mine because I was breastfeeding.”
“I’m not sure”, replies the other mother. “I think there’s something about a mother’s love
that makes it more special anyway – and so important for future development.”
Discuss the learning theory of attachment and Bowlby’s monotropic theory of attachment.
Refer to the conversation above in your answer.
[16 marks]

The evaluation I would use would be;
A weakness of the learning theory of attachment is the support of a nurture-based view of behaviour. The learning theory works on the assumption that humans are born as 'blank slates' and behaviour is controlled by conditioning. Consequently, the learning theory is subject to environmental reductionism as they reduce complex behaviours, such as the formation of an attachment between infants such as Millie and their caregivers, to a simple stimulus-response association. Many psychologists would argue that human attachments are far more complex, and the learning explanations provide an overly simplified account of human attachment. This is suggested by the second mother in the conversation, where something else, such as love, 'might be important for future development'.

--> i've put the stem parts in bold <--
Last edited by newgoose; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (13)
30.23%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (16)
37.21%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
4.65%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (2)
4.65%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (3)
6.98%
I’m starting to consider my university options (6)
13.95%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
2.33%

Watched Threads