The Student Room Group

Did anyone get a bad coursework mark but still get a good grade over?

I know the grade boundaries haven’t been released yet but my coursework grade in history has really let me down and now I feel like it is impossible to get the grade I need because this will drag me down
Original post by Jenna2003
I know the grade boundaries haven’t been released yet but my coursework grade in history has really let me down and now I feel like it is impossible to get the grade I need because this will drag me down

I mean it'll be harder but I know ppl who still got A*s overall with mediocre coursework
I have not idea what I got in my coursework or final exam last year (although I felt they both went terribly) but overall I got an A (TAGs)
where do u think your coursework went wrong? Perhaps you could appeal if it seems like a very surprising result

The grade boundaries are supposed to be lower this year for history though - and anyway it's not based on grades, it's based on how many points you get. For instance, if you get 30/40, your grade for that doesn't count it's just the '30' (sorry I'm really bad at explaining) that counts.

So, I do Tudors, Russia and Germany plus coursework ofc - to get let's say an A the spec board would add my 30 to the marks I got from my other three papers to then get the overall grade.
Original post by million.
what year are you in?

13 duh
Reply 4
Original post by million.
what year are you in?

Reply 5
Original post by crustylife
I mean it'll be harder but I know ppl who still got A*s overall with mediocre coursework
I have not idea what I got in my coursework or final exam last year (although I felt they both went terribly) but overall I got an A (TAGs)
where do u think your coursework went wrong? Perhaps you could appeal if it seems like a very surprising result

I spent so many hours working on it and I honestly thought it went really well, we got the marks back a few days ago and I appealed it but it came back as the same grade although I still feel that cannot be right compared to my usual grades and the amount of effort I put in
I spent so many hours working on it and I honestly thought it went really well, we got the marks back a few days ago and I appealed it but it came back as the same grade although I still feel that cannot be right compared to my usual grades and the amount of effort I put in

that's so annoying - did u use primary and secondary sources and do loads of source analysis?
Reply 7
Original post by crustylife
that's so annoying - did u use primary and secondary sources and do loads of source analysis?

I had 10 primary and 10 secondary although it was basically filled with own knowledge. All I can hope for is that the exam board gives me a few extra marks

Quick Reply

Latest