Anglia Polytechnic changes it's name Watch

This discussion is closed.
trev
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
I read somewhere, that Anglia Polytechnic is going to change it's name to the university of eastern england.
kingslaw
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by trev)
I read somewhere, that Anglia Polytechnic is going to change it's name to the university of eastern england.
It was only a matter of time. The word 'Polytechnic' in its name gave away the fact that, shock horror, it was a polytechnic!

Not many uni's still have polytechnic in their title
trev
Rep:
?
I wonder why they didn't change their name a long time ago.

After the name has changed, I would still remember it's the crap polytechnic. :p:
kingslaw
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by trev)

After the name has changed, I would still remember it's the crap polytechnic. :p:
Of course it will. Everyone still knows which uni's are ex-poly's, even when they stick 'university' in their name. For example:

University of West England - Bristol Poly
University of Central Lancashire - Preston Poly
University College London - London Poly
trev
Rep:
?
Fair enough.

UCL a polytechnic? I thought it wasn't.
goneaway56
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think he means university of east london or UEL
trev
Rep:
?
Ok then.
kingslaw
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Was a joke. Hence the - I was hoping a UCLer would read it.
trev
Rep:
?
lol, fair enough.

It would be cool if we have uni's of "directions" (we already have UWE): uni of south england, uni of north england. Something along the lines of that.

Anyone know when it will officially changes it's name to uni of eastern england?
london_bum
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kingslaw)
Was a joke. Hence the - I was hoping a UCLer would read it.
I understood. (Although I'm not at UCL...it was just my sheer skill and brilliance!)
trev
Rep:
?
I read about anglia polytechnic changing it's name on the bbc news website. They have three names in consideration: anglia metropolitan, anglia uni, and anglia ruskin uni

Which uni name sounds better?

On the news, they said they have over 200 names that they can name the uni. That is impossible.
ChemistBoy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by trev)
I read about anglia polytechnic changing it's name on the bbc news website. They have three names in consideration: anglia metropolitan, anglia uni, and anglia ruskin uni

Which uni name sounds better?

On the news, they said they have over 200 names that they can name the uni. That is impossible.
Well northumbria poly's first proposed name change was to Central University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne - it got right to the approval stage before someone noticed the acronym...
trev
Rep:
?
lol. I disagree with northumbria's uni name. It's too long. Northumbria uni sounds better obviously.
Col-C
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by trev)
lol. I disagree with northumbria's uni name. It's too long. Northumbria uni sounds better obviously.
Except Northumbria doesn't exist of course.....hasn't done for many years.....it's now Northumberland, Tyne and Wear, and Durham
lou p lou
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Col-C)
Except Northumbria doesn't exist of course.....hasn't done for many years.....it's now Northumberland, Tyne and Wear, and Durham

omg Col-C! you still exist!

lou xxx
Col-C
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lou p lou)

omg Col-C! you still exist!

lou xxx
Indeed I do.......you can't get rid of me that easily :P
Flicker
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by trev)

my mum works for APU - i remember her saying they tried to change the name but noone could really be bothered and it's too expensive! they have to say "APU" when the answer the phone though.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (129)
64.82%
No I haven't decided yet (41)
20.6%
Yes but I might change my mind (29)
14.57%

Watched Threads