Chanae.xo
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My supervisor said that my epq is currently a D+ so I made the necessary changes to my epq. I’m worried that the grade I get will affect my university application. Is there any way out of this?
DataVenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Are you talking about a current application which you've already made and for which you've already received offers? Or are you talking about a future application which you plan to make in six months or so?

If it's the former, then do your offer conditions include a requirement to achieve a particular grade for the EPQ? If not, then your grade will have no impact.
Chanae.xo
Rep:
A future application
kkristy.swo
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Chanae.xo)
A future application
I don’t think you have to worry if it is a future application, and given the fact that you’re making changes mean it’s not the deadline yet?(still chances of improvement)

A lot of universities do not tend to look at EPQs much, and it depends on the course you’re applying for.

But a poor EPQ grade will certainly not give your entry much benefit if the Uni does look at EPQs. If you’re worried it will affect your impression, I suggest you speak to your supervisor about whether it would look bad on your grades(may consider dropping, which is still possible).
Chanae.xo
Rep:
(Original post by kkristy.swo)
I don’t think you have to worry if it is a future application, and given the fact that you’re making changes mean it’s not the deadline yet?(still chances of improvement)

A lot of universities do not tend to look at EPQs much, and it depends on the course you’re applying for.

But a poor EPQ grade will certainly not give your entry much benefit if the Uni does look at EPQs. If you’re worried it will affect your impression, I suggest you speak to your supervisor about whether it would look bad on your grades(may consider dropping, which is still possible).
I’ve already sent my EPQ to my supervisor and I think she has submitted it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (56)
26.17%
As I expected (68)
31.78%
Harder (82)
38.32%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.74%

Watched Threads