Transferring from BA law to LLB in second year

Watch this thread
Honeycoco
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I’m currently in my last year of Highschool and I initially applied for nursing on ucas but after receiving offers I changed my mind. I really want to pursue law although since my ucas application was all about nursing my choices were limited and I couldn’t apply to other unis which did the LLB law course. Although I did manage to secure an offer for BA law at a university, although I’m not sure if I want to do the BA law and then do another 2 years of LLB. I feel it’s too long for me personally. But my other choices are to do a gap year which is also uncertain in me obtaining an offer from university’s that does LLB law course since my grades may not be great. However I’m wondering if the university would let me transfer from BA to LLB course at another university in my second year by using the same credits :/ I’m conflicted should I continue the BA law course and see if I could transfer or take a gap year and apply for LLB law at another university
Catherine1973
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Isn’t Oxford ba law? As long as it’s qualifying then doesn’t matter if not called llb.
Honeycoco
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Catherine1973)
Isn’t Oxford ba law? As long as it’s qualifying then doesn’t matter if not called llb.
In Scotland you need to do the LLB in order to qualify as a solicitor :/ and the uni in which I would do the ba course is not ranked high for law unfortunately
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (48)
30.57%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (68)
43.31%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (39)
24.84%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
1.27%

Watched Threads