This discussion is closed.
technik
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
my specs are a little too narrow now and dont fit very well at the moment. infact i dont think they ever fitted very well in the first place. basically the width between my ears is wider than the glasses themselves. they are spring loaded so they stretch round...but they do dig into my skin.

i get them from specsavers.

does anyone if there is a cost to get them refitted and adjusted? i only got them last year at £100 (too old for free stuff now lol) and dont really fancy forking out more cash
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If you go back to specsavers they should sort em for free
Amy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by technik)
my specs are a little too narrow now and dont fit very well at the moment. infact i dont think they ever fitted very well in the first place. basically the width between my ears is wider than the glasses themselves. they are spring loaded so they stretch round...but they do dig into my skin.

does anyone if there is a cost to get them refitted and adjusted? i only got them last year at £100 (too old for free stuff now lol) and dont really fancy forking out more cash
personally, id get some more, you are loaded after all
MattG
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ~*glitter*~)
like rich blokes eh?
technik
Rep:
?
(Original post by ~*glitter*~)
cheeky :p:

i could, if pushed, afford more...but i really dont want to do that. ive had this pair less than a year and at £100 that aint good value for el studento!
technik
Rep:
?
(Original post by MattG)
like rich blokes eh?
unlike most students i have a bank account that isnt in its overdraft
heminder
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
hey, they have those non-hinged ones out now... try some of them!
i kno someone who's got a wide head at college, he wears those! they look pretty sleek aswell. i tried 'em on last month when i got my new pair. you really can't feel them round your ears at all!

i went for Osiris though...
the ones with spikes on them!
Mysterious_123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by technik)

Do you know any1 who's an optomitrist? Could give you a discount, hmmm.

I don't wear glasses, but I've a mate that does. I'll have2 ask him.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (142)
17.95%
It's just nice to be back! (213)
26.93%
Not great so far... (283)
35.78%
I want to drop out! (153)
19.34%

Watched Threads