imperial a100

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
Would doing the biology olympiad be helpful?
bea_murray0
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
In general it could be a good thing to put on a medicine PS, and CV in future, although most medicals schools don't attach much value to the PS. Your BMAT and A levels will probably be the most important aspect of your application, so I would recommend you focus on those above all else.
_Rusty_
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 days ago
At what point in the application cycle are you, choosing A Levels, applying next year, gap year applicant etc.?

Also agree with bea_murray0 about focussing on you A Levels for the time being
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
(Original post by _Rusty_)
At what point in the application cycle are you, choosing A Levels, applying next year, gap year applicant etc.?

Also agree with bea_murray0 about focussing on you A Levels for the time being
I am in my first year of college so yr12 but I want to apply to imperial next year
_Rusty_
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
I am in my first year of college so yr12 but I want to apply to imperial next year
Firstly, you may want to apply to Imperial but when it comes to applying to medicine, it is not about where you want to go but where you have the best shot at because there is no 'better' or 'worse' medical school.

Secondly, read through page 1 of this thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...d#post97120802

And through this document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Finally, it is not doing something that gives you the best shot at a place but rather reflection. You'll begin to see the word everywhere:lol:
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
(Original post by _Rusty_)
Firstly, you may want to apply to Imperial but when it comes to applying to medicine, it is not about where you want to go but where you have the best shot at because there is no 'better' or 'worse' medical school.

Secondly, read through page 1 of this thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...d#post97120802

And through this document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Finally, it is not doing something that gives you the best shot at a place but rather reflection. You'll begin to see the word everywhere:lol:
Thank you very much. I understand that, hence why I am trying to do all i can in order to have the best shot at going to imperial. It is not just because of the rankings, but rather, because the university appeals to me
_Rusty_
Rep:
Report 1 day ago
Thank you very much. I understand that, hence why I am trying to do all i can in order to have the best shot at going to imperial. It is not just because of the rankings, but rather, because the university appeals to me
Ok that’s great but there may also be the chance of you not having the strongest application for that specific uni. All the best
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (133)
43.32%
Not yet, but I will soon (54)
17.59%
No (120)
39.09%

Watched Threads