The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Psychology Paper 3 7182/3 - 16 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did AQA A Level Psychology Paper 3 go?

AQA A Level Psychology Paper 3 7182/3 - 16 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]
Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Thursday 16th June AM
Length: 2h

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

Year 13 Thread - A-Level Exam Directory

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
didn’t see a thread so thought I’d start one :smile:
it's monday not tuesdayare you guys all in zone 4?
Does anyone also find the fact that we have to write on paper annoying? I usually answer my psych papers by doing questions I know well first then going back through it after
Original post by newgoose
Does anyone also find the fact that we have to write on paper annoying? I usually answer my psych papers by doing questions I know well first then going back through it after

I'm used to it tbh since I have to write on separate paper in my other two subjects and can't really go back to my answers. But I don't like it either for psych because sometimes I remember something I can add and have to do something really weird
Reply 5
Does anyone also find the fact that we have to write on paper annoying? I usually answer my psych papers by doing questions I know well first then going ba//ck through it after

omg what!!??? How do you know we have to write on separate paper i thought we are going to get those exam paper booklets like we always do?? I would HATE to write on separate paper. We've done that a few times for my mocks and i found myself wasting so much time faffing around with the sheets getting them in order.
Original post by fh2712
omg what!!??? How do you know we have to write on separate paper i thought we are going to get those exam paper booklets like we always do?? I would HATE to write on separate paper. We've done that a few times for my mocks and i found myself wasting so much time faffing around with the sheets getting them in order.

It's because paper 3 has the optional topics so they just print the entire paper for schools doing Psych A level - they don't print just the topics each school is doing because everyone does different combinations, even if one combination is more popular over the other. It would end up being a really thick pack if they printed it like a normal booklet, so they provide lined paper separately. It basically saves on printing costs as well
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 7
Original post by diya277
It's because paper 3 has the optional topics so they just print the entire paper for schools doing Psych A level - they don't print just the topics each school is doing because everyone does different combinations, even if one combination is more popular over the other. It would end up being a really thick pack if they printed it like a normal booklet, so they provide lined paper separately. It basically saves on printing costs as well

ohh makes sense! so is that just for paper 3 then ? or will we have to write on separate paper for 1 and 2 ?
Reply 8
Original post by diya277

still quite annoying to have to flick back and forth but even the exam booklet isn’t enough for me😭
In my last mock I used 1.5 for exam booklets for paper 3
Original post by fh2712
ohh makes sense! so is that just for paper 3 then ? or will we have to write on separate paper for 1 and 2 ?

its just paper 3!
Original post by fh2712

It's just paper 3. Paper 1 and 2 are the booklets which you can write on
Reply 11
How do you add the approaches and topics Into for example an essay on ethical implications and social sensitivity
Original post by s_m2222
didn’t see a thread so thought I’d start one :smile:

thank you, I was looking for this! Thought it was a bit odd there was one for the first two papers but not this one
Original post by Sana..
How do you add the approaches and topics Into for example an essay on ethical implications and social sensitivity

For social sensitivity you could talk about forensics (if you do that option) & the genetic basis of criminality (Atavistic form) and you could also talk about Rutter's ERA study & how even though it was unethical, it has allowed people to understand the affects of no attachment types. Approaches such as the learning approach could be included with a similar point of them putting animals in unnecessary harm, but have helped us understand phobias, OCD and attachments.
Reply 14
For social sensitivity you could talk about forensics (if you do that option) & the genetic basis of criminality (Atavistic form) and you could also talk about Rutter's ERA study & how even though it was unethical, it has allowed people to understand the affects of no attachment types. Approaches such as the learning approach could be included with a similar point of them putting animals in unnecessary harm, but have helped us understand phobias, OCD and attachments.

Would u embed this as part of ur ao1 or ao3
Does anyone have any practice essay questions for socially sensitive research? And how likely would it come up?
Original post by diya277
Does anyone have any practice essay questions for socially sensitive research? And how likely would it come up?

This is quite vague so sorry about that, but have you tried using Physics and Maths Tutor? They break it down into topics and have banks of questions for each topic, so you might find some good questions there that are relevant to what you are asking
Original post by Sana..
Would u embed this as part of ur ao1 or ao3

AO3 but tbh it can be either so it doesn't really matter
its just paper 3!

thanks
Original post by diya277
It's just paper 3. Paper 1 and 2 are the booklets which you can write on

thank uuu

Quick Reply

Latest