The Student Room Group

medical school - leicester or liverpool

hey guys i've got offers for medicine from leicester and liverpool and i was wondering if anyone could offer advice for which might be a better choice?
currently i'm thinking that liverpool city is nicer but leicester has full body dissection + free ipads so i'd appreciate any help/insight into either of them!!
Reply 1
i feel like the vibe of Liverpool is more suited to what I might want?? in terms of things like historical value, culture and the general atmosphere in the area
Original post by sai203
hey guys i've got offers for medicine from leicester and liverpool and i was wondering if anyone could offer advice for which might be a better choice?
currently i'm thinking that liverpool city is nicer but leicester has full body dissection + free ipads so i'd appreciate any help/insight into either of them!!

I would really recommend visiting both places and spend a day there trying to get a feel for everything. You're going to be there for 5 years, so it would be well worth visiting to see if you actually see yourself living there and enjoying yourself. I might also look at general cost of living as well.

Have you had a read of this website?
Leicester:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/lifeofamedic.com/2020/07/20/whats-it-really-like-to-study-medicine-at-leicester-medical-school/amp/
Liverpool:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/lifeofamedic.com/2020/07/20/whats-it-really-like-to-study-medicine-at-liverpool-medical-school/amp/

Like has advised, compile a list of pros and cons, so you're able to see what the differences are in front of you and it'll make it somewhat easier for you to make a final decision.
Reply 3
I've started a pros + cons list and am considering talking to a teacher about it too so I can make a well informed decision. Unfortunately I cant visit because I am an international student in the middle of my A-levels but I'm definitely going to try getting in touch with med students for more insight - thanks ecolier!

I really appreciate the help from you guys, thanks so much!!

Quick Reply