The Student Room Group

science in mental health nursing

how much/difficult is it?

obviously it is necessary to know some basics of biology and then a&p as a nurse, but as someone who hasn’t done science since gcse- only biology- and was never really that good at it, i’m worried i won’t be able to grasp it and will be way behind
Original post by aaamilah
how much/difficult is it?

obviously it is necessary to know some basics of biology and then a&p as a nurse, but as someone who hasn’t done science since gcse- only biology- and was never really that good at it, i’m worried i won’t be able to grasp it and will be way behind

Do you need science to be a mental health nurse....

Entry requirements are :-

Typically you'll need a minimum of five GCSEs at grade 4/C or above, possibly in English language or literature and a science subject, plus two A levels or equivalent level 3 qualifications for an undergraduate degree.

If you have a look at this as might be useful to you ok 🤠😃. 2nd year student adult nurse

https://www.healthcareers.nhs.uk ...
Mental health nurse
Reply 2
Original post by Littleemma98
Do you need science to be a mental health nurse....

Entry requirements are :-

Typically you'll need a minimum of five GCSEs at grade 4/C or above, possibly in English language or literature and a science subject, plus two A levels or equivalent level 3 qualifications for an undergraduate degree.

If you have a look at this as might be useful to you ok 🤠😃. 2nd year student adult nurse

https://www.healthcareers.nhs.uk ...
Mental health nurse

i know you need science to get onto a course, just wondering about the level of difficulty of the science content in the actual mental health nursing degree! :smile:
Original post by aaamilah
i know you need science to get onto a course, just wondering about the level of difficulty of the science content in the actual mental health nursing degree! :smile:

year one you will cover the main scientific and biological underpinnings of mental health nursing such as anatomy and physiology and core communication skills

As far as I understand there's no difference between any other nursing fields with how much science you are taught as majority of things are Anatomy and Psychology you are doing.

Quick Reply

Latest