My friend keeps being insensitive about my health condition

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I have a severe autoimmune disease that resulted in me being in hospital for several weeks. I also have Autism.
I argued with her at one point about getting support because of my condition.
She tells me that I am not vulnerable because I make a "**** tonne of money." When I have told her that I was very sick when working, she says, "it can't be that bad, you came into work and never went of sick."

When my manager stopped me from turning of my camera, she continuously argued in his favour saying that its unprofessional. When I said that sometimes I have to turn it off to move my joints or I wont sleep at the night, she said, "Oh man up."

She tracks where I go --sometimes when I am not on my desk, she is asking me where I have gone.. I think she is jealous that i got promoted and I am senior to her.

What should I do?
SagaciousSag
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
Report her. You shouldn't have to justify your health condition to her just because she can't see it. Keep working as best as you can and use some of the money for comfort. Wish you the best.

Also, friend? Unfriend her asap.
Last edited by SagaciousSag; 1 week ago
rakhtar061
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
Report her and drop her ass instantly. No good friend would say that about you. The fact that she brought up money shows her lack of understanding about your situation because all that comes to her head is the money you make - Something that has no relevance in any argument, unless that argument is about money. Tell her to piss off and report her, saying that she has taken it upon herself to downplay the things that completely affect your life, every day. Also, you shouldn't work at your place if you're being recorded and your manager refuses to allow you to take it off. You should think about changing jobs because it just seems like a massive crap sandwich. Or you could be a prick back to her, and do what she is doing back to her. Note every time she leaves and every time she just leans on a rule, remind her of the rules she has to follow and not to complain 'cause you're getting paid a lot of money to do a bad job.'
Son of the Sea
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Make her your ex-friend right away, don’t delay.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by SagaciousSag)
Report her. You shouldn't have to justify your health condition to her just because she can't see it. Keep working as best as you can and use some of the money for comfort. Wish you the best.

Also, friend? Unfriend her asap.
I haven’t spoken to her in a month and she was reaching out to me, and i felt so bad that I was ignoring her.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by rakhtar061)
Report her and drop her ass instantly. No good friend would say that about you. The fact that she brought up money shows her lack of understanding about your situation because all that comes to her head is the money you make - Something that has no relevance in any argument, unless that argument is about money. Tell her to piss off and report her, saying that she has taken it upon herself to downplay the things that completely affect your life, every day. Also, you shouldn't work at your place if you're being recorded and your manager refuses to allow you to take it off. You should think about changing jobs because it just seems like a massive crap sandwich. Or you could be a prick back to her, and do what she is doing back to her. Note every time she leaves and every time she just leans on a rule, remind her of the rules she has to follow and not to complain 'cause you're getting paid a lot of money to do a bad job.'
My manager has never managed anyone. He has no clue of the impact of his behaviours on his others. You are right; i need to look for another job. Does it sound like she is justifying her behaviour to get back at me?
lucyyy12
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
just report her, seriously
Anonymous #1
(Original post by lucyyy12)
just report her, seriously
She keeps trailing my every move; I wonder if she is trying to pain the trail that i am skiing off.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Son of the Sea)
Make her your ex-friend right away, don’t delay.
Was so offended by her behaviour. She is not a well-wisher..
Anonymous #1
(Original post by rakhtar061)
The thing is that believing her to be my friend, I have said less than kind things about some of the colleagues and she could use that ammunitation.
Anonymous #1
What do you think?
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Why do you consider her to be a friend? :confused:
She doesn't sound anything like a friend.
Her comment about the money that you earn seem to be suggestive of jealousy and bitterness.
While her attitude as regards your health issues is not at all constructive or friendly.

Life is too short to be wasting your valuable time and energy on individuals that don't deserve any.
Focus on friendships with those who bring something positive to your life and doing all the things that make you happy.
Good luck!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by londonmyst)
Her comment about the money that you earn seem to be suggestive of jealousy and bitterness.
While her attitude as regards your health issues is not at all constructive or friendly.

Life is too short to be wasting your valuable time and energy on individuals that don't deserve any.
Focus on friendships with those who bring something positive to your life and doing all the things that make you happy.
Good luck!
The coming about money is basically she doesn't think I'm justifying my salary when compared to her. I have tried explain to her that my job is more to and hers is more operational, but it doesn't seem to get it through
Anonymous #1
(Original post by londonmyst)

Good luck!
I need to get her out..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (62)
15.78%
The paper was reasonable (192)
48.85%
Not feeling great about that exam... (100)
25.45%
It was TERRIBLE (39)
9.92%

Watched Threads