The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

list of best uni of Liverpool 2022 accommodations?

Any help would be appreciated.
Original post by student17!
Any help would be appreciated.

Hi there,

I hope you're well,

All our accomodation offerings are listed here: https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/accommodation/

They're all up to the same standard, but just have different perks depending on your preferences i.e. being catered or not catered. I stayed at Crown Place, and I don't have a bad word to say about it! It was lovely, so clean and close to everything on campus - and my flatmates were really lovely, some of which I'm still friends with now!

I hope that's helpful,

Thanks!
Ana - UoL Ambassador :smile:
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
I just had my first year in crown, my closest friends where those in my flat and those in my block. Currently travelling with a few from my flat now and living with them next year.

Crown was great so convenient imo the best. But a bit pricey.

Ideally you want to be in Crown, Vine or Greenbank social wise, because that’s where everything happened

That being said as long as you’re social there’s no such thing as a more social accom, it is what you make it, but most of the pres etc were in one of the ones I mentioned.
Original post by Anonymous
I just had my first year in crown, my closest friends where those in my flat and those in my block. Currently travelling with a few from my flat now and living with them next year.

Crown was great so convenient imo the best. But a bit pricey.

Ideally you want to be in Crown, Vine or Greenbank social wise, because that’s where everything happened

That being said as long as you’re social there’s no such thing as a more social accom, it is what you make it, but most of the pres etc were in one of the ones I mentioned.

Thank you! I booked a private accommodation instead, would that impact anything?
Thank you! I booked a private accommodation instead, would that impact anything?

Yes and no. It really depends on the accommodation. If it's one that's popular with Liverpool students, then you'll have a relatively similar experience. If not, you might have to put in extra effort to meet people, but it's very doable.
Thank you! It’s ‘Bowline’ accommodation and I’m going to join societies anyways and book uni of Liverpool accommodation as well since you can cancel on results day if I want to decide which one to go to
Thank you! It’s ‘Bowline’ accommodation and I’m going to join societies anyways and book uni of Liverpool accommodation as well since you can cancel on results day if I want to decide which one to go to

I would always be careful about that, in case you are tied into a contract with Bowline. It's not one that I know well but I did leave Liverpool two years ago. I would definitely be cautious and try to go for university accommodation if you can, even if you end up in private halls via the university, at least you will definitely be with first year Liverpool students. But yes, you are right that you can definitely join societies etc.
Original post by Sandtrooper
I would always be careful about that, in case you are tied into a contract with Bowline. It's not one that I know well but I did leave Liverpool two years ago. I would definitely be cautious and try to go for university accommodation if you can, even if you end up in private halls via the university, at least you will definitely be with first year Liverpool students. But yes, you are right that you can definitely join societies etc.

Thank you! Don’t worry I made sure, they said I can cancel for any reason/if I don’t get a place on results day
Thank you! Don’t worry I made sure, they said I can cancel for any reason/if I don’t get a place on results day

I would just read the wording really carefully. Some of my friends got screwed over because of these sorts of things. Check that you can still get out of the contract even if you intend to go to Liverpool. I'm sure it's fine but I would urge you to make sure now.
I would just read the wording really carefully. Some of my friends got screwed over because of these sorts of things. Check that you can still get out of the contract even if you intend to go to Liverpool. I'm sure it's fine but I would urge you to make sure now.

I will right now thank you very much!!!

Update, cancelled the private accommodation and applied for 3 uni of Liverpool owned accommodation 😁 thank you
As Sandtrooper has said its typically preferable to go for the Universities own accommodation in terms of cancelling a room due to not meeting the grades, or a medical issue etc., they are typically more flexible in such circumstances, since they are not a private company. Its also easier to move rooms too if there is an issue - which can be more challenging in private accommodation.

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending