The Student Room Group

Attent Master's Interviews when I'm unsure whether I want to study this year?

I applied for Master's programmes in forensic psychology and have 2 interviews coming up next week. Now, that I am considering different options for what to do after I've graduated from my bachelor (such as working fo a year or applying for a doctorate) I am unsure whether I should even attend the interviews.

I will not study for the master's this year (as I am unsure whether this is the right field for me) but I have heard some defer their place to the next year. Also, my teacher said it would look bad if an interview was cancelled and not attended.

Anyone who can recommend what they would do?
Original post by linntib
I applied for Master's programmes in forensic psychology and have 2 interviews coming up next week. Now, that I am considering different options for what to do after I've graduated from my bachelor (such as working fo a year or applying for a doctorate) I am unsure whether I should even attend the interviews.

I will not study for the master's this year (as I am unsure whether this is the right field for me) but I have heard some defer their place to the next year. Also, my teacher said it would look bad if an interview was cancelled and not attended.

Anyone who can recommend what they would do?

Attend the interviews and reject the offer later if you receive one. Its as simple as that. But don't leave the interview unattended. Its a basic manner.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending